cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check - Planned order not considered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue in Make to Order scenario.

My sale order is of quantity 10.

when i save the sale order, i get confirmed quantity as Zero.

But in my controls setting of availability check i have selected consider all firmed planned order.

Now  i have a firmed planned order for this sale order.

but still system shows confirm quantity as Zero.

Let me know what is the correct procedure and whether planned orders are considered for availabilty check for MTO scenario or not.

Regards,

Birendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Birendra

Below are the couple of things which needs to be check

1. While creating sales order for MTO order system will popup AV check screen . If you click "Countiue" option sales order sch.lines won't be confirmed

I feel this should be issue , since you mentioned that planned order are check at checking rule.

2. what is the checking rules , it should ne 02/AE for MTO . If this not determing check what is st.group in material master or requirement class which is assigned to req.type determined using ITEMCAT + MRP TYPE in TOR config

Regards

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Requirements Class for your sales order item category. Is it 045 and has Availability checked and Requirement transfer checked?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Birendra,

You have to perform an availability check AFTER the appropriate supply element is created.

During Sales order creation; and prior to saving; there is no planned order created (possible exception of Assemble to Order).  Therefore, during sales order creation, the standard ATP results is 'unconfirmed' unless you are including 'lead time'.

Later, you use whatever means that exists in your business scenario to create a supply element.  If the supply element is adequate to increase the ATP qty to > sales order requirements quantity, then you COULD perform another ATP check.  During this check, you MAY be able to confirm the sales order.

Once the original sales order is saved during creation, in general, it requires another ATP check to confirm the sales order.  In MTO scenarios, any supply elements MUST be relevant to the Sales Order/Item of the Sales order.  Other 'firm planned orders' will not be usable to increase the ATP quantity.

Any questions you may have about 'why' for ATP can be answered in CO09.

Best Regards,

DB49

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logically, in MTO scenario, there won't be any stock when you create a sale order, as based on that sale order only, stock needs to be produced.  In order the system to fetch the special stock to confirmed quantity in schedule line, PP guys would execute Planned Independent requirement via MD61 which would then be transferred to sale order stock.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Please find answers of your query:

1.    First have you maintained any safety stock in mm01:

No

2. Tcode: Md04

3.> Tcode : Co09

4> If that stock related to batch Please check in MSC2N Because if batch is restricted you cant get stock

Not related to batch

5.> schedule lines

Let me know if any more information required.

Regards,

Birendra