Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Item not visible in UWL of user on Netweaver Portal

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Portal Gurus,

We have installed new SRM server. ECC and SRM server connected with Portal accordingly. But we have problem with WI in UWL for custom workflow running in ECC or SRM. WI not coming to the UWL.

Steps that I have performed to get the WI in UWL on portal is as below:

1. Copied the standard task to the custom task.

2. Assigned that custom task to the steps in custom template.

3. Register that task with SWFVISU

4. Assigned Visualization parameter: Application, Dynparam, Namespace

5. Re-Registered all the systems in the Universal Worklist- Administration on Portal

6. XML updated with my TASK is shown to the portal.

But still my WI do not display in UWL on portal after WF starts...although these comes to the user inbox in SAP GUI.

Is there any Note or some steps I am missing to configure the things..

Please guide me on it..

Regards,

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Guys for your reply. We have solved the problem and sorry for late reply.

I had to raise an OSS for the same. Actually we are working with Netweaver 7.4 and that having some settings different than 7.3. There was some some missing authorizations with Role for "Task and Notifications".

Closing thread.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Also , can you check that particular USER's authorization to execute RFC FM's on backend. Because with the help of RFC's FM only , the workitems are being fetched to the portal UWL. In many cases , user's RFC call is failed and workitems which are clearly visible in workflow inbox is not visible in UWL.

Thanks

Rakesh

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandan

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

In reference to the scenario that you have described and from the perspective of the UWL did you perform the following steps after installing and setting up the new configurations for SRM/UWL.

1. Clear the UWL Cache
  2. Restart the UWL Service (does not involve a restart of the entire Portal).

Now again from the aspect of the UWL we need to examine why exactly workitems are on appearing and presented from the users. From a high level perspective I would firstly check and confirm the status of the Connectors associated with the Universal Worklist:

1. Log on to the portal
  2. Go to your main UWL iview
  3. Next to the link Hide Preview click on the dropdown
  4. From within the dropdown click on Display connection status
  5. Please send me a screenshot of this information.

Due to the cross referencing between the Universal Worklist and backend systems the following SAP Note is of great importance SAP Note 1133821. Please refer to SAP Note# 1133821 - UWL Destination Service configuration and check whether you have configured the RFC destination
correctly.

** There can be no discrepancies in the UWL Destination Service Configuration **

If you make changes/corrections as per the documentation outlined above be sure to clear the UWL Cache -> Reregister the connector -> Restart the cluster.

• Then test to see if you are still encountering the issue.

The steps above will allow us to focus our efforts and ensure the UWL is configured and setup accordingly.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

I greatly appreciate your time and patience and I look forward to recieving your reply.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer