Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Update Job

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your urgent help.

Could you please tell me how to run Mass Update Job in SAP IDM.

I am using SAP IDM 7.2 and the requirement is To update the several SQL queries which exist in Dynamic Groups by replacing the one existing Keyword with another Keyword.

Thanks in Advance

Regadrs,

C Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt & Steffi,

First of all i would like to Thanks Steffi for you suggestion.

I wrote an On-demand Job to update all the SQL queries.

In this job i am passing all the Role name and corresponding filter attributes and based on passed data and Script its reconstructing the New SQL/filter by removing WITH (NOLOCK).

This On-Demand Job is working properly, however as i previously told we have around 1000 Dynamic groups hence it is quite difficult to pass the data for all the Dynamic groups with their corresponding filter attributes. one single mistake in data will cause lots of production error.

Apart from passing the data, one possible solution might be writing the SQL in the Source tab to get all the data (Dynamic groups and corresponding filter attributes) but i am unable to write such SQL queries.

The challenge is to write SQL query is that If a dynamic group dont have one filter (Suppose Office address) then it dont have attribute corresponding to Office address too.

Could you please guide how to write SQL queries for this complex situation. There are minimum one and at max six attributes (filter attributes) associated with each dynamic group.

We have one UI Task Job "Modification of Dyanmic Role" also. Is it possible to write a Ondemand job which will call this UI Task Job "Modification of Dyanmic Role" multiple times based on input Roles.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

C Kumar

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Not too sure what you are looking for here.  If you need a job to update a large number of users that's pretty easily done.  If you need to update SQL Queries for Dynamic Groups, then you will need to update them manually.  No real easy way to do this.

Note that it will definitely take some period of time to refresh the groups themselves and you might have performance issues if you try to update multiple DGs at once.

Matt

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a number of standardized dynamic groups for our org-structure, that are created via a job. The target filter is set through that job, too. So if we need to change the sql-statement for all of those dynamic groups, we just need to update the template in the creation-job and it will update the dynamic groups accordingly.

But, as I wrote, this is only possible, since all of those dynamic groups where also created by that job and follow a template, where only a different mskey is set for each dynamic group in the filter.

If you have all different sql-statements, then Matt had already the - gruesome - answer for you.

Regards,

Steffi.

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Matt,

I am looking for Modification of SQL.

filter of every Dynamic Group has a SQL query.

I have around 1000 SQL in Dynamic Groups and i need to remove WITH (NOLOCK) from each SQL statement.

I heard that by running mass update Job we can modify all those 1000 SQL.

Is there any such job exist, if yes then please share.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

C Kumar

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much Steffi,

Now i got the idea but i am not sure whether it will work or not.

First let me test it.

Thanks once again for your suggestion

Regards,

C Kumar