cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwobject in PB.NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a test migration of our app from PB12.5 classic to PB.NET we found a different behaviour regarding dwobjects which causes a lot of problems.

One ouf our basic functions uses the column number to return a dwo.

Ex: my_dw.object.#1.

In PB.NET it returns a dwo ONLY if the column has a UI control in the DW. We have tons of DWs which are only used in our data layer and never shown to the user, they contain only one control for one column so most of the columns do not have a UI control assigned there.

That is no problem in PB classic, we always get the dwobject back, no matter if there is a UI control or not.

I could not find anything in the "Unsupported feature" documents about it, so consider it as abug or working as designed?

Thanks

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick update:

Tested it with 12.6, same problem. No UI control = no dwobject.

Guess its best to open a CR now

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well.

I did tried to do the same in a simple datawindow. Contains 3 columns: assigned, counter, multiplier.

The multiplier column isn't visible!

Now I write the following code in a command button:

integer li_i

DWObject dwo1

dwo1 = tab_akinita_stats_views.tabpage_akinita2dataentry4sites.dw_akinita2dataentry4sites.Object.#3

dwo1 = tab_akinita_stats_views.tabpage_akinita2dataentry4sites.dw_akinita2dataentry4sites.Object.assigned   

Run in debug mode. That's what I see in both assignements:

After the first assignement the dwo1 variable is still null.

After the second statement, it's not null. But seems to contain all the data in the datawindow and not only data from column "assigned"!

Also the command:

dwo1 = tab_akinita_stats_views.tabpage_akinita2dataentry4sites.dw_akinita2dataentry4sites.Object.#3

returns also null.

So something seem to be wrong.

Andreas.

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm in charge of your incident. I've just replied to you through SMP.

Jacob

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

CR#770082 has been created to report this PB .NET problem.

Awaiting for you to enter the Business Impact through the incident to involve engineering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jacob,

a bit late but as promised: we tested the fix with the most current EBF and it works!

Thanks

Dirk

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks

Please feel free to mark this post as answered

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dir.

What version of pb.net are you using? I remember I saw that in older ebf's of 12.5... Actually I was trying to read the value of a column wich was referenced in the select, but wasn't shown in my dataobject. That raised an error. But I think that in ebf 5629 this works fine.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Andreas,

I was actually on a slightly lower build than 5629 so i updated to the most current 5652 (which was a PITA btw, installer got stuck all the time).

Same behaviour: you get an DWO only if a UI control exists. Maybe i-ll try the brand new 12.6, at least they had time enough to fix a looot of issues 😉

Dirk