cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does T-Lane Duration take priority over Quota Arrangement for SNP Heuristics?

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following scenario setup for SNP Heuristics.

Source : S1, S2

Destination : D0

T-Lanes are All Product valid from years 2012 - 9999

T-Lane : S1 -> D0 : 0hr Duration

T-Lane : S2 -> D0 : 144 hr Duration

Inbound Quota Arrangements at D0 - 100% to Partner Location S2 ( no quota for source S1)

When I run Location Heuristic in Data View for a demand 2 days from current day, it is sourcing from S1 even though I have 100% Quota arrangement to source it from S2. Is this correct?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the input. I have tried several options as suggested. If Location heuristics can find two sources of which one of them has 100% Quota and the other source has no Quota Arrangement maintained, it still picks the source with the shortest Duration to satisfy the very first demand.

Regards

Abhishek

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This does not have any sence to me. The Quota should be the driver.

Did you maintained an inbound quota for your material at the receiving location?

At Quota arrangement header level you should have one entry for your material.

In Quota Arr item level try creating two entries, one for source A with 100% and the other for source B with 0 %. Check the start date and end date...

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have transportation duration of 144 hrs, which is 6 days. So, there is no way the demand (which is 2 days from now) can be met at demand location from source S2.

So, basically on the demand date, there is only one source to cover the demand, which is S1 (t-duration 0 hrs).

Now, did you tried to run the heuristic for a demand, which is 6 days away from today at D0? This demand (100%) would be met from S2 (assuming there is no other processing time GR/GI in any source/destination location).

Or you can make the transportation duration as '0' for S2->D0 as well. This time it will source 100% from S2.

Thanks,

Satyajit

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

What you have mentioned is absolutely correct. However, setting the T-Lane duration to '0 Hrs' is not a solution but I am trying to understand if the logic within location heuristics itself is set in such a way that it has to source from a non-Quota location in order to meet demand on time.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Your understanding is correct. Ultimately your aim is to meet the demand, considering available source.Quota in heuristic works perfectly. However you have to consider the available source/sources to meet the demand while considering quota.

Ofcourse making trans-duration as zero is not a solution. I suggested for testing purpose only, to see how quota works .You see, as I said earlier, on the demand date (which was 2 days away) there was actually one source to meet the demand. So, definitely it will use that source to meet the demand, doesn't matter, if you have quota or not.

(Consider the simple fact, that you run heuristic to meet a demand at a location, where there is only one source to meet the demand. Whats the output? It will source from that single source location, right?).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Satyajit

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The source determination logic in SNP heuristic considers the following in below sequence:

1. Inbound quota arrangement

2. Priorities

3. Costs

In your scenario since the quota is only maintained from S2, the sourcing should happen from S2 only. Please check your master data e.g. quota arrangement, validity of both t-lanes. Also, try to manually create a Preq at D0 in SNP planning book and see if it is selecting S2 as source or not.

Regards,

Umesh

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

When I manually enter a receipt, I get a popup for Supply Source Determination where i can see Quota arrangement and admissible supply sources with T-lane duration. I get to choose which source i can select at this point. When location heuristic is run, It will try to satisfy the demand on time from No-Quota Arrangement T-lane and later in future it will source it from 100% Quota arrangement T-Lane.

Regards

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I don't think SNP heuristic should choose no quota arrangement option over the 100% quota option as the former has on time receipts. You may check the following options:

1. As Mariano suggested, since you have 100% sourcing from S2, you can block or remove the product on t-lane from S1 (which has no quota). Again it won't be a solution but will be a quick workaround.

2. Please adjust the t-lane time in both the lanes so that the receipt could be created on time with both options and then check if S2 is selected as source in the result. You can also test this by creating a demand is far future without changing the t-lane time.

Regards,

Umesh

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The quota has priority, so S2 should be determined.

This is what I would do:

1. I would check again than the Quota is well mainatined: check the validity period, double check the quota is 100% for S2. You could even recreate the Quota again.
  2. Check MAT1 for your Material in all the locations S1 & S2.
  3. Check that your t-lane S2 --> D0 is ok.. not blocked.
  4. Try to create an Transport Requisitions manually in RRP3 at location D0 and chose source S2.

If after point 4 you can create manually teh requisition assigning S2, then something is wrong with your Quota. In this case check these threads:

Kind Regards,

Mariano

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano & Umesh,

Thanks for the reply and the sequence for source determination. I have checked all the steps and everything is setup accurately. Even though there is quota arrangement for 100%, it is sourcing from the other location for a demand 2 days from initial bucket. Which one would heuristics prefer,

• Source from No Quota arrangement location on time
  • Source from 100% Quota Arrangement late

Regards

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Considering that you want to assign a Quota of 100% to one of your source, note that you can block the material in the t-lane S1-->D0. This does not explain or even solve the problem, but it will give you the expected result in the planning run.

If this is not possible, can you please share your Quota (header and item level) and both t-lanes?

Kind regards,

Mariano