Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECURITY - BW RSA1 REPORTING AGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know how to assign users in the reporting agent but how do you assign roles? Do they need access to the same roles in BW? When I do assign a role, I do not see the corresponding web templates in the Download Scheduler?

thanks for any help

kathy

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kathi,

Your question is not clear. Are you asking about the Role assignment to Users??

Probably if you can give some more information, i will try answer you.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

HI

Yes, when you go to RSA1> REPORTING AGENT>SCHEDULE PACKAGES AND MAINTAIN you can assign users or roles. I understand the concepts of users but not understanding the role piece. If you assign the role does the user get the entire role? Do they already have to have the access in SU01 assigned them? I don't see the access in the download scheduler when assigning a role. Thank you for any help.

kathy

0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

"If you assign the role does the user get the entire role? "

Yes, when you create a Role and assign it to a User in transaction PFCG, the user will be able to access the entire Role as it is defined in the Authorizations(the activites of a role is completely controlled by Authorization tab) of PFCG screen.

" Do they already have to have the access in SU01 assigned them?"

Assigning a role to user can be done in 2 ways:

1) Through role design in PFCG transaction or 2) Thorugh SU01 transaction.

To find out more about the Roles concept, plz visit:

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/r3_security/r3_security.htm

The same site would also give you an introduction to BW Security.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi

Okay. i have assigned a user in SU01 a specific role. They have been using it for quite some time. NOW in RSA1 how do I assign a role to a user? Example: I am aware of scheduling a package to a user id with A specific query. I have done that but when you assign a role under the authorzations tab, in RSA1, repiorting agent, how does the user get access to the entire role? Or do they?

0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

RSA1 is BW Admin Workbench. Here you can create any BW Objects like Infoobjects, Infosource, Infocubes, ODS, etc.....

But a Role assignment cant be done thorugh RSA1. The only way to assign a role to a user is through PFCG/SU01.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. Ok, I am trying to schedule a package in the reporting agent tab in RSA1. When you go to maintain and schedule the packade you can do this by users or by roles. I know how to schedule a package to a user but getting confused by the role piece. How do assign a role IN the reporting agent? Does the user have to have the corresponding role in SU01? If now will it fail?

kathy

0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

BW security is completely object based. There are 3 main objects which are used to secure BW Reports, namely:

S_RS_COMP

S_RS_COMP1

S_RS_FOLD.

So you need to create a role using the above mentioned objects as per your requirement and than assign it to a user.

To know more on these objects, please visit:

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/bw_security/bw_security_authorization_objects.htm

The above mentioned objects are linked with other objects as well, so just navigate thorugh the site which would give you details on all other objects.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & regards,

Santosh

Message was edited by:

NAVABOTHU SANTOSH KUMAR

0 Kudos

Thank you and i am a security analyst and the users are already assigned roles in PFCG/SU01. That is not the issue. We are in RSA1 > reporting agent> scheduling packages. under the auth tab is has two ways to assign one is by roles and one is by users. they are try to view reports in the BEX DOWNLOAD SCHEDULER WIZARD? We are successful with assigning the user but having an issue with the roles in rsa1 NOT pfcg. Do you know how to do this so they can view in Bex download scheduler wizard?

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

I checked in RSA1 but didnt get any auth tab as you say.

Whats the BW release you are using? I checked in BI7.

0 Kudos

Go to RSA1 Reporting agent > web templates > schedule a package > you can then (under precalculate user specifically) assign a package to a user OR a role. HOW do you assign the role piece? And when you do, does the user need it in there User Master Record. If so, we a the role is not showing up in the Dowload Schedule Wizard

Thanks