cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUMC to Edm.Decimal or Edm.IntXX per best practicesfrom SP8 - But how?

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We've just updated the Gateway to the latest back-end patch and now have errors being reported by SEGW where I had previously mapped PERNR_D (Personnel Number in HR) to Edm>Decimal. I can still generate the objects but I get user ignored critical errors noted when I do so.

Please note - According to the best practices - OData Best Practices - SAP NetWeaver Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library - It says:

"

• Do use Edm.IntXX or Edm.Decimal for NUMC fieldsThis takes care of leading zeros and alpha conversions."

I like the leading zeros being taken care of, so my question - How should I map something like PERNR_D in Gateway after applying SP8 to get automatic leading zero alpha conversion but not get the following errors:

ABAP type 'PERNR_D (NUMC[8[) not applicable with EDM core type 'Edm.Decimal'.

FYI - None of the Edm.IntXX seem to work either.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW - Note - 1977590 is useful but error messages imply we should change the HR objects data elements id's to match our entities definitions, but I think that's just a little too much outside-in design for my liking

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I too had mapped NUMC to EDM Decimal earlier. Yes the error messages are annoying, they should have been just warnings instead.

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna. Might have to ask some pertinent questions at #saptd next month and get to the bottom of this...