Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori add-on question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to setup a Fiori landscape with Hub method, where Gateway is NW 7.4 but  backend systems are NW 7.31.

To my understanding the Frontend doesn't need any add-ons as they come preinstalled but what about the backend? Do we have to install add-on there? I am kind of confused аs i was unable to understand of those add-on which are for the frontend and which are for the backend. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

Using 7.4 will make things simpler from a deployment standpoint, and this page helps with a nice diagram and description of client, front-end, back-end, and database:  Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape with ABAP Environment - SAP Fiori for SAP Business Suite - SAP L...  Your hub approach also fits well with the recommendations:  Implementation Overview - SAP Fiori for SAP Business Suite - SAP Library

For specific Fiori inquiries you will find the online community and information more focused on Fiori:    (including the discussion forum that heavily leverages tagging with #fiori and any other relevant terms you would like to include.

Best Regards,
Jeremy Good

Customer Experience Group - CEG

6 REPLIES 6

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

Using 7.4 will make things simpler from a deployment standpoint, and this page helps with a nice diagram and description of client, front-end, back-end, and database:  Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape with ABAP Environment - SAP Fiori for SAP Business Suite - SAP L...  Your hub approach also fits well with the recommendations:  Implementation Overview - SAP Fiori for SAP Business Suite - SAP Library

For specific Fiori inquiries you will find the online community and information more focused on Fiori:    (including the discussion forum that heavily leverages tagging with #fiori and any other relevant terms you would like to include.

Best Regards,
Jeremy Good

Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for these links

Checking the nw gateway help here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp09/helpdata/en/52/fc994f456a4573957461be15520fe8/content.htm?...

I see no add-on listed in the table against SAP Business suite system, so i am i right assuming backend systems don't need anything installed ?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

Here is the summary for required components.

Frontend server: NW 740 (Gateway and UI addon are installed as default)

+ IW_PGW (Optional - Only Approve Requests app needs this)

+ Fiori apps UI component

Backend Server: NW731

+ IW_BEP should be installed

+ Fiori apps OData backend components

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you i figured i need IW_BEP to provide odata functionality on backend as the spro menu for gateway enablement was not present at all:),

Looking here

Installation of Integration Components on Back-End Server - SAP Fiori principal apps for SAP ERP 1.0...

I see it mentions

For SAP ERP
ECC_SERVER / Central Application
  • If you run ECC_SERVER of SAP ERP 6.0, install Central App INT.
  • If you run the Central Application instance of one of the enhancement packages of SAP ERP 6.0 (EHP 2 up to EHP 7), also install Central App INT.

So my question is how do i download and install this Central App INT. where do i find it

Best Regards

Yavor

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

Please look at each app implementation documents.

SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, now i seem to understand the concept, your blog post on Fiori is great!