Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order qnty and po qty update

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts

This Question is Related To sales order To PO

Recently in one post i have Asked but that is not Good to interfere in that post , that is the reason i am asking again

I have created one sales order with 100 qnty --And PO --100 Qty

Now i have changed Po qty 150 and i have checked in Sales order here also i am able to find 150 qnty ...Both places sales order qty level --and s.lines level

And i have changed in sales order qty but it is not updated in PO

What  i am thinking is This is Standard one ..so could you anybody tell me if it is wrong beaver of system please tell me where is the route cause

Thanks a lot  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

In third party process, this is standard behavior - the quantity and date, when changed in PO, will automatically update changes in the sales order.

In this process, the company decides not to deliver from one of its own plants, rather "outsource" this to its vendor. So, sales order qty = 100, schedule line qty = 100; automatically PR qty = 100 and then PO created, qty = 100.

If the company includes another 50 qty in to the sales order, there are still decisions to be made -

- does the company want to outsource this qty to vendor?

- to which vendor? etc.

Therefore updation in sales order qty does not automatically impact updation in PO qty.

Further, PO is created by user and PR is created automatically.

I think a another PR will be created for 50 qty automatically, if settings are activated (e.g. item category determination and settings). And user has to create a new PO.

Please test and update here.

TW

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW Typewriter sir

Thanks a lot For your quick response ...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

Two test scenarios -

We have sales ord with 100 and then PO with 100

1. Reduce the PO qty to 50. Does it update the sales order?

2. After creating sales order and PO with 100, reduce the qty in sales order to 50. Does it update the PO?

TW

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW  sir

i will do test Tomorrow and definitely i will update you sir

Thanks a lot 

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear T.W Sir

One small clarification

I think a another PR will be created for 50 qty automatically, if settings are activated (e.g. item category determination and settings). And user has to create a new PO.

As per my knowledge PR Not Updated automatically ( if we change less qnty ), only when we change qty in sales order then only it is updated , But in your post A bit confusion is there to me

And how Item category determination is playing role to Make PR Automatically  ?

TW Sir please give me clarification on this ...Your answer really will help me

Thanks a lot

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

The settings in the schedule line category are responsible for creation of PR.

Item category and MRP type determine schedule line category.

Therefore in my post, I commented that the correct item category should be determined.

In standard, if automatically TAN is determined, then PR will not be created. But if TAS is determined, then schedule line category CS will get determined, which inturn will create PR automatically.

TW

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW Sir , Have a good day

1. Reduce the PO qty to 50. Does it update the sales order?

I have reduced qnty in po and in sales order PR Not updated ..

2. After creating sales order and PO with 100, reduce the qty in sales order to 50. Does it update the PO?

And i have reduced Qnty in SO ..And i have checked in PO Nothing update in PO

So is this Standard one or some thing went wrong  ?

Your comments are more helpful to me

Thanks a lot sir

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

In point 1. PR = 100, PO = 50 (changed from 100 to 50)

Create another PO qty = 50 with reference to the same PR. Test this and update.

In point 2. When you reduce the sales order qty to 50 (from 100). What is the PR qty?

Check in the schedule line of the sales order and confirm.

Point mentioned in your first post - when PO changed to 150 (from 100). PR and SO qty change to 150 (from 100).

TW

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

Please follow the following link: Third Party Ordering Process - ERP SCM - SCN Wiki

Kind regards,

Benjamin