cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rename the GW external service name

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

how can I rename my external GW service for ex : I have a service name called Z_MyProj_Products while generation service gets creted like Z_MyProj_Products_SRV and URI is generated on baes of this.

I dont want to show Z_MyProj_Products_SRV as my external name I want to post it like just Products.

When I rename the SICF service its allowing me but none working on URI(I knew some more has to do) ?

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Steps as per my knowledge.

1. Give the name which u would like as below during run-time object generation.

2. Once u go to /iwfnd/maint_service, u will click on add service button.

U will give appropriate system alias name add the service.

When u add the service ur Technical Service Name and External Service Name would be same.

But now i will change my Technical Service Name based on the naming conventions i follow to keep my Technical Service Name and External Service Name different in the context of naming.

3. When u come back to /iwfnd/maint_service ur service would look like this which are different.

4. When u call ur GW client u will see the service URL with the name u always wanted.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashwin, I tried this already and worked....and where can we maintain and monitor all the versioning for the GW project(Model/Service) and all.

Thanks

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

I do not know if we can monitor version for Model & Service as such with some t-code.

We can see the version once we see the details of the service in ur GW hub.

Or we also see the version which we would have given in SPRO as well based on the Tech Model Same & Tech Service Name.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

I need you help for versioning if some thing aviable, suppoer I have a NW GW Project called ZFirst with one  Entity(Flight) and its got published and released to PROD.Later on I have a got a enhancment to add on other Entity(FLightConnection) to the same project ZFirst and imagine I need to modify the existing Entity(Flight) as well ... what is the better way to do it.

Is there any version controlling feture available for the traching each enhancment with unique version like Ecplise and NWDI do....

Thanks

Rajesh

Answers (0)