Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed or Rejected content

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Lately I have realized that a few of my posts are rejected or removed by SCN moderators. I really take care of rules of engagement and could not realize what the problem may be. The notifications did not include a reason. So please can you help me finding out the reason why my posting is removed or rejected so that I can be a better member.

Regards

Yasemin...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yasemin,

the reason is not included in the email notifications, but you should see it in your "Actions"-tab under "Notifications".

Do you have an example? There are many moderators on SCN. If you mention the space, it would be easier to get the attention of the moderators, that would be in charge of "your" spaces.

Regards,

Steffi.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffy and Colleen,

Below is an example in my actions tab. There is no "reason" added to the notification and the link is not accessible. I follow basically four spaces so I can't remember in which space this posts were (there are two removal and one rejection in just two weeks ) . The spaces I follow are

SAP Business Warehouse

SAP business Explorer (Bex)

Business Content and Extractors

Data warehousing.

Maybe or   can help with that.

Moderation Notification

Your content titled Re: Standard Datasource for CDPOS and CDHDR tables has been removed by SCN moderators. Please check your email inbox for more information.

Moderation Notification

Your content titled Re: Concatenating '-' sign to an number field in bw start routine has been removed by SCN moderators. Please check your email inbox for more information.

I think your explanation may be correct about the reason. In one of it I shared a link which was directing to an how to document (which was exactly what he was looking for). Will you please advise on how to behave in such situations, when there is a direct link that describes the problem can't we share links???

Regards

Yasemin...

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin

Depends

Option 1. If it is a basic question (does not matter if a junior/new/fresher) and you found the answer with a search then press Alert Moderator and choose category Failed to Search. Add a quick one liner to say how easy it was to search

Option 2: If it is an unusual question in how presented then it is okay to post the link SO LONG AS you provide context as to why going to that link will help. If not, you're back on option 1

The idea is to remove duplication of content so make searching in SCN easier. Also, if you spoon feed a person they will continue to ask basic questions and clutter the space.

In relation to links only this is a really good blog to be across:

Regards

Colleen

Ps - most of the time people answer basic questions out of good intention to help the individual but you are doing a disservice to the community. Alert the Moderator to so the unanswered questions show up in the feeds and ge the attention they deserve.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reason to reject first thread  - Standard data source for CDPOS and CDHDR tables.

As i remembered all replies to above thread was flooded with links which are exist on scn.

Pasting links are on SCN discussions/issue strictly not allowed without support text.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I got it. I never thought that it would disserve to the community while helping a newbee. I will take this into account from now on. Thank you all for your comments and explanations.

Regards

Yasemin...

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I used to do the same until I realised

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

Moderator rejected/removed your reply only Or whole thread?.

Thru notifications try to see the  thread. if its unable access mean moderator may rejected whole thread.

As i seen in all BW forums, some new users are asking questions without single search.

if you or any other experts replied thru links and some one alerted about pasting links then that thread might be rejected.

Thanks.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Thank you for your explanation. By your saying I understand that the whole thread is removed. So that may not be my mistake. Don't you think that it would be better to include a reason in the notification. I don't know if you everfaced such a situation but it is really disappointing to get a message that my content is removed by moderator without any explanation.

Regards

Yasemin...

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin

Moderators are requested to update and provide a resaon. It is not a mandatory field. Unfortuantely, for some spaces there is a large amount of Alerts to get through and it takes time. It is easy to miss them.

Secondly, if the original thread is rejected then your post is hidden too (though I don't think you would receive a notification for that)

Moderation is not always perfect (few things in life are) and we all do our best to keep or space as clean as possible. On a positive, the space like SCN support is here to provide clarification when issues are unclear.

Regards

Colleen

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

This kind of situations happens to every one when some one replies thru links.

So always we need to reply to issues which are new only.

if its old issues then better to suggest him or her to how to find useful information regarding issue.

Even if you feel issue is old one then without any delay alert the moderator.

As my guess moderator may send message thread owner when he reject whole thread.

But some default/automatic message may sent all experts who replied to that thread(like above).

Thanks

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin

As you have mentioned "The notifications did not include a reason." it might help if you can specify which spaces your content has been rejected in?

The two common reasons I see content rejected is when people respond with Links Only (not context or explaination as to why they link would help) or answering a basic question that has been asked and answered several times already.

Without knowing the space you posted to it is hard to know the reason. If you mention the space one of the Moderators might be able to step in and provide clarifications.

Regards

Colleen