cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options to configure non-UI5 applications to the Fiori Launch Pad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Folks - I am working to configure  Fiori Launch Pad with below set of application types.

• Out-of the box Fiori Applications - All good with these applications and everything configured & working as expected.
  • Custom UI5 Applications
  • NON-SAP UI5 Applications I.e Applications that were build on different UI technology, can be launched with direct URL.

From logical thinking, Configuration of NON-SAP UI5 applications should be similar to UI5 application. What I meant is - Create a Catalog and add target mapping & Tile and Group in the launch pad admin.

Create a semantic & maintain lpd_cust entries. While configuring the LPD_CUST transaction, one can choose multiple options for Application Type - For example, Transaction Code, URL

I did prototype configuring LPD_CUST with transaction code. I.e Created a simple ABAP Program to launch URL in the browser and created a Tcode for the program and referred the tcode in the LPD_CUST. Problem with this approach is - application opened up in the new window/pop-up, which is not desired from UX standpoint. This is NOT A SOLUTION I want to propose to business since non-uniformity with other applications and my user persona deserve better UX 🙂 

Other thought is, Created a simple UI5 application to launch the URL and deployed into gateway system so that SICF node created. Maintain SICF node path in LPD_CUST similar to SAP UI5 application configuration and every thing should work.

Question is - What are other options to configure the NON-UI5 applications into Fiori Launch Pad. Appreciate any thoughts & Inputs on this subject.

Thanks,

Anil

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look forward to hear your thoughts and/or ideas on this subject!! Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Want to follow up to see are there any other options any of you tried to configure NON-UI5 applications into launch pad.