cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Agentry 6.0.46] List Tile View with single click action

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

After upgrading the iOS client to Agentry 6.0.46 (hardware is iPad with iOS 7), one issue occurs with List Tile View which allows "Single Click Action".

If one tile receives the click, the object on this specific tile is no longer considered as "current/selected object" in the collection. If the Single click action is removed, then the object in a tile can be selected as "current object'.

Is this an intentional change in 6.0.46? I don't have this problem with 6.0.44 and it takes me a while to figure out why the application no longer works after the client upgrade. (unfortunately, I cannot go back to 6.0.44).

I have a few settings in a list tile view. Clicking different settings to make a selection is essential in my application.

Jason, Stephen, Bill, Mark and other gurus, please let me know your comments.

Thx a lot.

-Yang

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is update from my own development experience.

The object in the clicked tile should still be the "selected object". However, it is NOT possible to retrieve its property by normal way as:

List Tile View of interest > current object > property of interest

It is true that once the "single click action" is not used, then the property can be selected using

List Tile View of interest > current object > property of interest

I am not sure this is an intentional change or new "bug" since 6.0.44. I find my workaround for my own application though.

-Yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yang,

does the workaround you found applies to a wider context?

Currently I'm working on a 100% custom app and need both to trigger an action when selecting an item in a List Tile View and retrieve the selected object (within its properties) too.

Thanks.

-Massimiliano

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Massimiliano,

Normally, the object on the tile that was clicked is passed to the called action.  In this case, you have a pointer to the selected object going forward.  If you have a Workorder object on a tile and you pass this to the DisplayWorkorder action, you have a pointer to the Workorder object anywhere you try to access it in that action.  This is standard and will work in any version of Agentry.  There should be no need to try to go back to the original tile to reference the object.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (0)