cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas and PFCG Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I am working with a team to help deploy Personas for our production systems.  I was wondering if there was a way to provide access through PFCG roles in SAP?  I know about the admin transaction and how to give access there, but we are trying to make gaining access to personas an automated process.  Could there be a way to automically give access to everyone in SAP without ever having to look at the /persos/admin_ui transaction?

If both answers are no, here is one more thought: Could personas access be given through automatic user provisoning in IDM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Regarding IDM and Personas access provisioning, in the meantime an excellent blog post was created explaining a possible way to handle this:

http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2014/09/17/provisioning-users-in-sap-personas-from-sap-netweav...

0 Kudos

hi terrance,

Using PFCG roles, you can create groups (under mass Group Maintenance) and then provide PERSONAS authorization to that group.

For sync-up of users in that role on regular basis, check Tamas reply above.

Best Regards,

Sushant

Sorry, my update over assigning personas role directly to a group was incorrect.

Message was edited by: Sushant Priyadarshi

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As Chinthan said, in standard Personas 2.0 it is not possible to do what you are looking for. However if automation is your goal, perhaps this can help:

http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2014/08/20/synchronizing-users-between-su01-user-administratio...

If you want to automatically allow all users to access Personas, I can imagine creating a group based on a PFCG role that all users have, then automate this program to run daily. This would pick up the list of all users and assign the role RENDER_ONLY to them, for instance. The scheduled run will then take care of inserting all new users into the group and assigning Personas access at the same time. It won't do Personas role deletions though...

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Terrance,

Personas roles are independent of PFCG or IDM authorization to control what level of access should be provided to each user in Personas. Currently there is no way to use PFCG or IDM with Personas 2.0.

Thanks

Chinthan