cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: Passing a value along the transaction UI flow failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am having an issue and hope some of you can give me a hand:

On my Personas home screen (let's call it ScreenA😞

There is a textbox field, called txtTF, for user to type in a Notification number, say 1234.

There is a script button (let's call it Btn_A) to execute transaction IW22.

There is another script button, called Btn_B, which contains the following action scripts:

"Copy Value" of txtTF into a var called myVar.

Then apply the "Push" on Btn_A (ie exec IW22). After this, the Screen_B(see below) should be shown.

"Paste Value" of myVar into  the field usrTxt on Screen_B.

There is another UI screen (let's call it ScreenB) which is shown after running IW22. On this UI,

There is a userarea field(let's call it usrTxt). Its id is: ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/ctxtRIWO00QMNUM 

The notification number should be pasted here. By default, it is empty.

Test procedures:

First fill some number in txtTF, then click Btn_B. Only at the first time, the Screen_B is shown correctly with usrTxt filled by the value.

Error:

For some reasons, when the same test procedures are run later, it pops out an error message something like:

"Step 2 of the executed script failed!

Reason: Control not found"

I don't understand why the id of the control on the second UI cannot be found. Does anyone had such an issue before?

Thanks very much in advance!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all reply, I found the cause.

The second level screen was not set as Default, and an extra Press Enter should no be used in script. Now UI works as a beauty!

Br,

Dong

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil and Sushant,

Refresh Screen does not solve my specific issue. I think it is related to IW22 as this transaction can remember the previously typed notification number in the "Init notif" screen.

I found the following UI behavour:

Case 1: At very beginning (ie Personas just starts), there is no Notif number is given by user, UI goes along this flow:

Home Screen (where user runs IW22)

> "Init notif" screen with the field of number to be empty (where user can type in a notif number)

> "Change notif" screen (where full info of notif is shown).

Case 2: User has run IW22 already with a notif number, eg, 1234, now try to run IW22 using another number, eg 5678. UI show the following behaviour:

Home Screen (where user runs IW22)

>"Init notif" screen with the field of number filled with the previous number, ie, 1234 in the example. Now user can change it to 5678.

> "Change notif" screen (where full info of notif is shown).

In my app, at very beginning, UI goes OK as shown in Case 1. But when running IW22 again with another number, UI goes from Home screen directly to "Change notif" screen with the previous number - for some reason, running iw22 from Home screen does not lead to the "Init notif" screen.

Any ideas? Thx.

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Try inserting a refresh screen action at the point in the script where the new screen is accessed, this usually sorts problems where the control cannot be found.

0 Kudos

hi dong,

Having "refresh screen" action ensures that personas client has the "current screen state" at that point of execution.

For example, lets say in your script button, you push one button in each screen to go from Screen 1 to Screen 4. Personas client will send all the actions in one batch request and directly present to you Screen 4.

Now, lets say you want to access some controls from Screen 3 (copy action OR if condition). At this point you introduce a Refresh Action BEFORE you start accessing controls from Screen 3.

Sushant