Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori- News Tile is not working

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I've installed and configured Fiori Apps (Analytical, Fact Sheet and X1 Apps); it was a good Experience to work on SAP UX, Learnt Lots of thing in HANA, ES and the traditional 1:1:3 Screen's X1 Apps.

Just only one issue and that is NEWS Tile App..... Configured it, ribbon is going on but post clicking, it is not working.

Although before the upgrade of SAP_UI- it was working perfectly fine. Post Upgrade- its not working..... PFB

Fiori Launchpad,

After Clicking, Error is as below,

2014-08-28 18:53:04 registerResourcePath ('WebContent', '/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ar_srvc_news/') - sap.ui.ModuleSystem core-min-0.js:85

1. 2014-08-28 18:53:04 Error - The specified component controller"WebContent.Component" could not be found!  core-min-0.js:85

1. 2014-08-28 18:53:05 Could not start the app due to an internal error -

Let me know if anyone have any clue why this is happening.....

Thanking you,

~ Mahendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Mahendra,

After two months, SAP has responded to the incident I created.  They have released OSS Note 2065811.  Try applying the OSS Note.  The New Tile works now when using a browser.  However, It still does not work when using the SAP Fiori iOS app.

Emmanuel Lauture

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hello emmanuel,

which browser do you use? we have implemented this note with internet explorer it works but not with chrome - the news get displayed in the tile, when navigating to the tile with chrome get an error "app cannot be started" 

console writes this out:

2014-12-02 06:40:38 TypeError - undefined is not a function

core-min-0.js:91 2014-12-02 06:40:38 App konnte aufgrund eines internen Fehlers nicht gestartet werden -  core-min-0.js:91 ucore-min-0.js:91 errorcore-min-3.js:31 errorcore-min-3.js:23 sap.ui.controller.openAppcore-min-1.js:29 a.publishcore-min-3.js:23 sap.ui.controller.openSomethingcore-min-0.js:21 pcore-min-0.js:32 rcore-min-0.js:32 t.fireWithcore-min-0.js:32 b.(anonymous function)NavTargetResolutionAdapter.js:2 (anonymous function)abap.js:26 sap.ui2.srvc.callODataWrapper.js:2 qcore-min-2.js:50 (anonymous function)core-min-2.js:50 p9abap.js:2 E.dispatchabap.js:2 XMLHttpRequest.handleEventabap.js:2 h

maybe do you have a hint for me, error-solving in this environment is not the easiest thing *g*

we have ui SP10

best regards

oliver

0 Kudos

Oliver,

It works for me using IE 10, 11 and Google Chrome(Version 39.0.2171.71 m).  Our system is running SAP_UI 7.40 SP09.

You may have to create an incident with SAP.

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Emmanuel,

works now maybe something with caching.

as you have experiences with the news tile is it somehow possible (i posted it in another forum also), so use some alias in the rss-feed-urls.

as we have to differ between http and https  and also we want to differ between develepment and live system or external(web) and internal(intranet) urls ????

best regards oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

I'm experiencing the same problem.  Were you able to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

Emmanuel

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Nope...... Not Sure where it is getting stuck after the upgrade of SAP UI component. It was working all right with SP07 of SAP UI.

~ Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Did you get any solution for this?

Any specific SAP Note needed here?

We are also facing the same issue.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Nope...... though I haven't raised the CSS for this issue as it is not on priority.

Have you?

KR,

~ Mahendra