cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing GR Blocked Stock to any unrestricted storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have some stocks in non-valuated GR blocked stock which was posted from Purchase Order with movement type 103

Now, the decision is to dispose the material. We have dedicated scrap location in system. Before disposing physically the material need to be cleared from system under GR blocked stock, even though it does not appear in any storage location in SAP

Our Material Planning suggested that stores shall post release of GR blocked stock with movement type 104 so it will reverse the 103 movement previously, and clear the qty from system. But this in my opinion is against control viewpoint..i.e. stores should not use this way to clear system assigned stock to clear from system

My suggestion was to use the following steps :

1. MIGO>> Release GR blocked stock

2. Put Material Document number (while posting 103), material details, qty, other references will be retrieved automatically

3. The movement type is seen to be default as 105, change it to 910 (Release GR blocked stock for warehouse)

4. Change Stock type from QM inspection to Unrestricted

5. Assign Storage location to desired one (in my case I assigned SCRAP location)

5. Select Item OK indicator to activate

6. Check & Post

Since the item has PO reference, my question to my expert friends is that will the above release from GR blocked stock post qty only to SCRP location or will it post Qty + value ?????

I don't want Value to be posted to the scrap location.

If the above process to move the stock qty (only) from GR Blocked stock to Scrap is success, I can ask accounts to post adjustment to clear scrap qty by 702 movement type.

Thanks, Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junaidalam
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil:

Did you get any solution to your scenario. Can you please help if you have found some solution to your query.

Thanks