cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Build an Agentry Based App from Scratch Connecting to a SAP ERP Back-end - Part 2 issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Was following the 2nd tutorial (How To Build an Agentry Based App from Scratch Connecting to a SAP ERP Back-end - Part 2 )

The results on page 93 does not seem to happen for me. Double checked it.

Can someone verify?

"11. Notice the highlighted section, you will see the Local Object has been replaced with a

unique number assigned by the back-end system"

When I set the Java debugger on the FlightBookingSteplet and try to trigger the corresponding transaction, nothing happens.

Anyone facing the same issue or has successfully completed this tutorial?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Samuel,

Try using the ATE (Agentry Test Environment) to debug this.  You can inspect the transactions after they have been saved using the menu.  Only transactions that have update steps on them will be shown in the inspector.  Make sure you have your transaction there.  If so, then the java steplet should be running.

What version of Agentry are you using?  Have you set up the server to support java debugging?  Prior to SMP, you need to make a change to the JAVA section of your Agentry.ini.  Using SMP, you need to make a change to the shortcut command line.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

My eclipse is set up for debugging (Already edited the Agentry.ini file). I hit the breakpoints both in eclipse and abap for the fetch but not the transaction. Proceeded with the data tables / complex tables and everything worked fine except for the transaction.

How do you setup the ATE to debug this?

Also can anyone verify that they have completed this tutorial with no issues for the transaction part?

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Samuel,

You don't need to do any configuration.  The transactions will automatically show up under "inspect transactions" after you run the correct action, enter your data and apply.  They will only show up if they have backend update steps tied to them.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the transmit window do you see it saying "Sending Add  Booking..."?

If no, then the transaction is not been sent to the to the backend (to go into the Java Code then to SAP.

See page 56 about adding the Update Step.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already tried deleting and re-inserting the Update Step but to no avail. Have you tried/completed it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you restart the Server after making the Control Panel changes?  As the settings are only read on startup.

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did. Even deleted the exported .jar file and recreating it again instead of overwriting it.