cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle virtual TMS systems in LMDB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering what I shall do with virtual TMS systems in LMDB - deleting is no option as they are recreated automatically. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case - we don't use ChaRM - the problem was that SMSY_SETUP was wrongly set, note  1802717 - Read System Data Remote in Solution Manager 7.1 was the solution.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shaji_narayanan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

TMS Virtual Systems are still very much required in LMDB and SMSY, especially if you have configured ChaRM (Change Request Management).

Generally virtual systems are those ones installed towards later part of project implementations, mostly production system(s) - which will be the target systems for your transport requests / Change Documents.

For ABAP virtual systems, ensure that LMDB / SMSY field "Virtual System (TMS)" is selected.

For JAVA systems, ensure that

• Virtual Java systems are configured in LMDB/SMSY with same products as in domain controller
  • All Java systems have communication system attached to it in SMSY (underlying table = SMSY_SYSTEM_OTO)

If you are looking from Solution Manager ChaRM  point of view, here is an excellent document by Dolores Correa on how to create Virtual hosts in Solution Manager 7.1

Hope these details are of help!

Best regards,

Shaji