cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implemented Gateway Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using a Gateway Service on REST client in Web Browser & can't access SAP system. Let's say the developer has implemented 2 operations only (Out of 5 CRUDQ operations) for the service.

Can anyone please tell me the command/way to know the Implemented services for that particular Gateway service?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavya,

U can try to figure out by seeing the metadata as below :

http://<Host + Post>/sap/opu/odata/sap/<Your Service Name>/$metadata

U will get info regarding what all properties are used for Sorting, Updating, Creating, Filtering etc

and info regarding entities.

Info regarding Association & Navigation between entities as well.

Based on metadata u can try to understand the operations which we can perform with the particular service.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

J Hi Ashwin,

I have already tried this and it's not helping me, as you can see in the example below:

<EntityContainer Name="ZMATNR_SRV_Entities" m:IsDefaultEntityContainer="true"

<EntitySet Name="Material_MasterSet" EntityType="ZMATNR_SRV.Material_Master" sap:creatable="false" sap:updatable="false" sap:deletable="false" sap:pageable="false" sap:content-version="1" />

</EntityContainer>

Here in this example, I have implemented all the CRUDQ operations for my service ZMATNR_SRV and they are working fine as well. But the same is not reflected in $metadata command.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavya,

U can only see the metadata information of ur service like i already said. U cannot see ur CRUDQ operations here.

U need to fire ur service with correct URI convention to see ur CRUDQ operation working as per expectation.

Regards,

Ashwin

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavya,

If u think anything which is defined in ur data model is not displayed in the metadata, if u have access to ur GW system please clear model cache with t-code /iwfnd/cache_cleanup.

Once u do this please check the metadata of ur service again.

Regards,

Ashwin

vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavya,

$metadata is the only way to find out your service details like(entity type,entity set, key fields, properties, associations and navigations).

use the correct URI and pass your correct entity set like below

your_service/ZSA_USERS_SRV/$metadata

your_service/ZSA_USERS_SRV/UserSet

Vijay V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay/Ashwin,

Neither $metadata nor EntitySet is serving my purpose. Note that I am using HTTP method GET.

vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavya,

With out knowing which operations has been implemented in the service, we cannot execute from the Rest Client.

suppose if it is POST operation we need to send the XML data in your request body. We cannot assume which operations have been implemented at service level.

Thanks,

Vijay V

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavya,

Without knowing u cannot consume the service.

Just passing Entity_Set should work.

If that is also not working then its difficult for us to suggest anything without having info regarding the method which are implemented and i/p's what are passed to those.

Regards,

Ashwin