Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto create/change DB jobs when SQLSrv resides on different hardware

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all you SQLServer geeks

I need to know whether I have to implement a SAP gateway instance on a remote DB/DSQLServer host running the db for a distributed SAP system in order to create/change the DBA jobs within transaction DBACOCKPIT.

Or...is there another way to achieve this?

THX for all input given!

GreetZ, AH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

You can use transaction ST04 in MS Sql dB

BR

SS

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

This remote SQL Server instance you mentioned, is the database instance for your SAP system (distributed) or an external instance you want to connect to your SAP system?

Which database and OS is your SAP system running?

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it's the database belonging to the sap system - no external db..sap application server resides on host A, the correspondig database on host B

os is Windows 2008 R2, SQLServer is 2008 R2...

@S Sriram...what exactly do you mean? My goal is to use transaction DBACOCKPIT (or any transaction alike) to plan/control at least database and log backup...so my question is as follows:

Do I need an additional gateway instance (running on the db host) or is it possible without?

When using an Oracle db I do know that I need an additional gw instance running on the db host...

GreetZ, AH

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. For MS Sql DB any db admin task you can use the transaction code ST04. you can refer the link about ST04 usage

ST04 - DB Performance Analysis - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

2. So for i am not tried I thing you can install a SAP Gateway instance on DB host.

Regards

SS