Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Vendor Number to the Photo..

venky_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am using a custom FM to send the Purchase Order data to the SAP Fiori through SAP Netweaver Gateway.

However, now the requirement is to link the Vendor Numbers to the respective photos uploaded in the SAP system. (Photos are uploaded through SE78 Transaction)

Let me now how to link the vendor numbers and phtoto available in the system.

Regards,

Venky.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venky,

U are reading a photo ( media content ) through GW is it ?

When u say u want to link vendor numbers and photo available in the system, u mean to say u need to download photo with that vendor number as the media content name ?

can u please elaborate ur use case ?

Regards,

Ashwin

venky_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

Details of the requirement;

Vendor Number 900000210

BMP Image has been uploaded with the same number (i.e. 900000210.BMP) through SE78.

I already have a custom FM which is sending the Vendor Details; Now I need to send Photo (Media Content) of that particular Vendor to SAP Fiori system.

Regards,

Venky

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venky,

So u mean to say u want to send that vendor photo along with ur vendor details as well.

When u fire READ/QUERY to get vendor details, u are expecting to send back the Vendor Photo as well with vendor data using the same entity.

This u cannot do it as the way we fire our GET operations to get data is different from the way we fire GET to get a Media Content.

Basically we cannot club both operation in one call as entity we define to get data is different from the way we define entity to read some media content.

I do not see a way accomplish ur scenario here. U need vendor data and his photo as well in one call with the same entity. I don't see any way.

In my opinion u need to fire a separate request all together to get the vendor photo. Another call to get his details.

I do not see any way to club both.

Try creating association & navigation between the entities and use $expand. I really doubt if it will work.

U can give a try.

Regards,

Ashwin

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Are you trying to implement like this?

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG