cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break in sap from running outside

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing severe issue of breaks from outside , but once we are checking public ip, there is no break in public , I had raised OSS ticket also but they told there is problem in network , Our network team is not accepting as there is no ping break from out side , please give me some command or expertise to resolve the issue.

Regards

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khurana

As far as I understand that your sessions are terminating from outside users. These outside users might be accessing SAP through the Public IP instead of accessing through by SAP Router or  VPN.

If there is security device are exist between the layer of users and SAP. it might ending the sessions without any network interruption.

if local users are not ending session by dispatcher then you don't need to upgrade the kernels.

You just have to understand the network that how to accessing SAP from outside and what devices and layers are between users and SAP servers.

Regards

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

A very simple test is do ping on your ecc system and note for latency or timeout during GUI termination.

If latency is high or timeout occurs and sesdion gets disconnected,  then you know it's a network issue between host. This can be because of incorrect packet sizes or your network capacity.  Also, try to put on a network trace and monitor for any network fluctuations.

As a member of SCN please close your answered and open threads.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Div,

As i Mentioned in my ticket also there is no break in public IP from out side , Mostly the people are facing the issue from out side of our office only.

RK

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Now for users outside the network, you need to check your network for its capacity and your with your ISP. Since, you have shared the public IP for outside access, there are chances that users might be having a low bandwidth internet solution or the route from his host to your machine is breaking frequently and vice-.verse.

Regards,

Divyanshu

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If any network issue, then transaction STAD, can give you quick information for the users, who is connecting from another network layer which has suspected network issue or not.

regards

Swami

gabriella_kiss
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which types of  users are effected: are they  GUI users or HTTP users?

Can you reproduce this issue?

When you are sure, that this is not network problem, than more info is needed.

-what is the exact error message? (sm21, dev_trace).

-kernel release and patch level

- is a big amount of data transferred in this situation?

Regards, Gabriella Kiss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which types of  users are effected: are they  GUI users or HTTP users?

GUI

When you are sure, that this is not network problem, than more info is needed.

I raised OSS from sap they told network issue ,but our IT time is not accepting

-what is the exact error message? (sm21, dev_trace).

Connection to user 8308 (MAYANK ), terminal 225 (IN25DELOP007) lost

The SAP Dispatcher (part of the application server) has lost the

connection to a terminal process.  For example, this happens when the

terminal program (GUI) terminates without correctly logging off the

application server.  More detailed information about the error

context is not available here.

-kernel release and patch level

720 Patch 600

- is a big amount of data transferred in this situation?

Once we are trying Big Amount of data transferred and if we keep for 1 to 2 min IDLE then also.

Regards

RK

+91-8285932768

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Rableen,

you have always to analyze the traces of all communication partners, to find out where the communication is broken. What do you mean exactly by "breaks from outside"? What is connecting to SAP system and how? Is there a router or firewall between the communication partners? niping tests help to understand, if the issue is in the network layer. A long running niping test should be started and it should run during such communications failures.

Regards,
Alwina

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK

1. You can use the NIPING utility to check the LAN & public network.

Kindly refer the SAP Note 500235 - Network Diagnosis with NIPING

2. If you are using SAPGUI you can reduce the connection speed to " Low speed connection"

BR

SS