Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same ECC tables using different SLT configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some quick suggestion..

We need to replicate MARA table from ECC system to SLT.For one SLT configuration it is absolutely working & replicating data to HANA.But for the other one it is not getting initialesd.How can we replicate data to HANA on the same ECC tables using different SLT configuration?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you activated the multiple usage flag?

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Tobias..I have not used the Multiple usage flag nor I have selected Read from Single Client.

Do we need to select Multiple usage flag or Read from Single Client?

In the first SLT Configuration--we have already selected Read from Single Client but not selected Multiple usage flag.

What should I select for the new configuration so that we can replicate data to HANA on the MARA using different SLT configuration?

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to have a 1:n replication the multiple usage flag has to be selected upfront.

All configuraiton need the multiple usage flag. More details about the different settings are available in the system docu (i button or help).

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias..But I cannot change my Configuration1 now as all the tables are replicating in HANA.

Will it work if I select Configuration2 & select multiple usage flag now?

Will there be 2 logging tables craeted in that case or 1 single table?The reason why I am asking is that Configuration2 is a temporary one & next week we want to remove the config once we get all the deltas for the tables.Config1 will remain as it is.

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

All configurations taht are linked to the same source system have to be created with the multiple usage flag.

If there is already a configuraitonw ithout the flag active, you can reset it with this note:

• SAP Note 1898479:

SLT replication: Redefinition of existing DB triggers

You are running SAP LT Replication Server and have a need to redefine existing
DB triggers in the source system, for reasons like:

• trigger
    conditions changed
  • triggers
    used to work for all clients, but are now to be restricted to one client, or
    vice versa
  • you
    want to activate (DMIS 2011 SP5 only!) the archive delete handling, to prevent
    the replication of archive deletions
  • you
    want to switch between 1:1 and 1:N replication
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the reply..What are the implications if we implement this note in Production SLT system?

Do you know if this note being implemented successfully & approach supported by SAP?

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No implications, it is an official SAP note, so of course this note was already implemented successfully. Also it is supported, because if it would not be supported, SAP do not post a note. Anyway I would expect that this is tested in the Test/Dev landscape before you implement it on the productive system.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Tobias for your time and valuable information. We will try this Note approach in Dev/Test Landscape and will update the.

Also,we have thought of one more approach, Below are High Level Steps.

• Impose ECC down time
  • Delete the current Mass Transfer ID on SLT
  • Recreate Mass Transfer ID on SLT with the
    same schema names and tick Allow Multiple usage option
  • Set the Tables in Record mode via SQL script
  • Set the Tables in Delta mode via SQL script
  • Life the ECC down time

I am confident of this approach, but need one clarification , will the new logging tables Update/Delete entries when there is a change to the old entries which are in the schema ?

Views please and are much appreciated.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Tobias..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Replication is always user/schema based, so you can create any number of user for multiple replications but avoid unnecessary/duplicate replication;

Follow the guide,

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Security_Guide_Trigger_Based_Replication_SLT_en.pdf

Follow the steps from "Authorizations in the SAP HANA System" on page 13...

regards

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not user related..I am trying to replicate data to HANA on the same ECC tables(MARA) using different SLT configuration..

My question is how it is possible to replicate data?