Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to upgrade SRM 5.0 to 703,

What all needs to take care , when upgrading to SRM 7.0. as you might have already faced the issues, while upgrading.

The below is the requriement:

1. Client is planning to discontinue the use of UNSPC product category and replace them with Proclass

2. map product categories to vendors to determine the combination for buying purpose

Please advise.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please check the Upgrade guides in the below link

-> Release & Upgrade Info

->Installation & Upgrade Guides

->SAP Business Suite Applications

->SAP SRM

->SAP SRM Server 7.13

There, you will to able to find the correct information about upgrade. Adding to that, I kindly request you to go through the below one also which will be very useful in ITS to Webdynpro conversion and the obsolete BADI's

-> Release & Upgrade Info

->Installation & Upgrade Guides

->SAP Business Suite Applications

->SAP SRM

->SAP SRM Server 7.0

-->Migration Guide - SAP SRM 7.0

From Functional perspective, please consider the below points

1.) Understand the current enhancements in SRM 5 and check how you are going to achieve that after upgrade by discussing with your technical team

2.) Review the list of BADI's which are all implemented in the current system and check whether it is still valid in SRM 7.0. Please refer page number 34 in SRM Migration guide.

3.) Roles Migration from SRM 5 to 7 as there will be a portal roles added in the SRM 7

4.) Decision on the work flow - whether you will be continuing the existing Application controlled work flow or you are going to switch to Process controlled work flow

5.) Test Script preparation and execution for all the business process

6.) As you are planning to upgrade the system to SRM 7 EHP 3, please refer the Net weaver compatibility with SRM 7 EHP 3 http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SLGB/Strategy+beyond+SAP+Business+Suite+7+Innovations+2011?orig...

7.) Are you going to use the Team cart functionality?

In reference to your queries,

1. Client is planning to discontinue the use of UNSPC product category and replace them with Proclass - Am not having much idea on this. I will be really grateful if you could let me know on how you have achieved this after some time.

2. map product categories to vendors to determine the combination for buying purpose - I think you can use the Approved Vendor list wherein you can map the vendors to Product categories.

Kindly check and let me know if you need any further info. I will be very happy to revert.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please refer this note 1781127 - Upgrade Issues from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.0 and on which will give some more clarity on the upgrade issues.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Your requirements are exactly what we are doing in our current upgrade project. Please find my answers:

1. Client is planning to discontinue the use of UNSPC product category and replace them with Proclass

Ans: Yes, it is fine. You need to focus on following points.

a) In upgraded system, you would need to control the access to only ProClass categories using SRM org structure

b) You can have new PGRPs for this new ProClass structure and try not to use old PGRPs

c) Don't rename the old UNSPSC categories as this will affect reporting on old spend

d) Rework on mapping for Punchout catalogs

e) Can also use category hierarchy for level-1 and level-2 ProClass and only create material groups for last level.

2. Map product categories to vendors to determine the combination for buying purpose

Ans: We have done it through SRM central contract/ vendor lists where the client has created category contracts or vendor lists against ProClass and we have restricted the use of independent vendors which don't have active contracts/VL.

Go ahead! its all working. I don't see any risk.

Cheers,

Ravi Pachauri