cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORDERS05 (Message type ORDRSP) IDOC to Fixed format file using JAVA mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am working on a java mapping to convert ORDERS05 (Message type ORDRSP) IDOC to Fixed format .dat file

Can anyone help me by providing JAVA mapping code if you have done similar mapping programs before? I am on PO 7.4 version

The reason I am going for JAVA mapping is because there are mostly JAVA programmers here who are more comfortable doing JAVA than graphical mapping

Thanks

mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Just a little advice. I understand that the guys curretly there are comfortable with Java mapping, but if they all leave and someone with no java experience needs to support those interfaces. Its going to be difficult and the client will suffer.

Please see a SAP PI for beginner Guide

And please see the links below for your request.

How to convert IDOC to flat file in XI, CX_SY_DYN_CALL_PARAM_NOT_FOUND | ...

XI/PI: Convert Flat File to Deeply Nested XML Structures Using Only Graphical Mapping

Regards,

Jannus Botha

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

The reason I am going for JAVA mapping is because there are mostly JAVA programmers here who are more comfortable doing JAVA than graphical mapping

IMHO, I don't think your statement above is accurate. I think there is quite a good mix of skillsets in this forum, and using graphical mapping should be the preferred option unless there is a specific requirement that cannot be achieved with graphical mapping.

That said, there is no template for your specific case because fixed format DAT file can have any structure and layout.

However, if you are set on doing it with Java mapping, you can check out my article below that might ease your development.

For your case, you would need to extend the AbstractDOM2Plain class and code your specific logic there to extract the information from the source IDoc DOM and create your output fixed format. You can find an example of such logic if you check the CustomDOM2Plain.java source code in the GitHub library that I listed in the article.

Rgds

Eng Swee

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add on, if your requirement is just to transform the ORDRSP IDoc from XML to standard IDoc flat file, then you don't need Java mapping at all.

This can be done at the receiver channel using standard module IDOCXmlToFlatConvertor

Adding IDOCXmlToFlatConvertor in the Module Processor - Adding Modules to the Module Processor - SAP...