cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Reprovisioning Business Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a situation where we are updating 100+ existing business roles that are currently assigned to user for our next release of SAP. I am wondering, is there a way to update the business role via import template (add / remove roles) and then push the changes out to users on a mass level?

We use the role methodology “provisioning” stage to push these changes under normal circumstance but with 100+ roles that would be quite cumbersome.

I also know there is an option under Role Update > Authorization Data Sync, but that doesn’t appear to update the user assignment. Only authorization under the role. 

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kyle,

the easiest method I found to work is to create a "change user" request and simply select the existing assignments and set them to be retained.

This did seem to work, but the only issue I have is how to do it en-mass. I could only do it in small batches of users, I.e. Who had the same roles assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business Roles concept and usability in GRC AC10 - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN Wiki

the link above says that "update assignment" button will do the update and will be enabled when the business role has been provisioned at least once.

I guess this is what you have already tried, but i can see your dilemma when you may have many business roles. I wish there was an option under the mass update functionality (unless I have not found it).

maybe it's time to go to #ideaplace.