Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit test case document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,<br>

<br>

In SOLAR02 transaction, we are uploading the test case documents in the test cases tab.<br>

<br>

Later we can create test plans & test packages. These test packages once assigned to the tester, it comes in the worklist of the tester.<br>

<br>

The tester while testing the test cases, can record the test results from the test workbench using the traffic light symbolled icon.<br>

<br>

But, my requirement is <b>to edit the test case document and to give some explanation about what all went right and what all went wrong</b>.<br>

Is that possible?<br>

<br>

Any inputs in this regard will be greatly appreciated.<br>

<br>

Thanks & Best regds,<br>

Alagammai<br>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Generally, only the creator of the test case document can change it. As a tester, you may record your comments but the final modification of the test case document will be done by the owner.

Best regards, Irfan

Message was edited by:

Irfan Jaffry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Irfan,

no, for everyone assigned to test package there should be the possibility to edit the test document out from stwb_work even if generated out of test cases maintained within solar02.

Within test packages which are not bbp-configuration-based (test documents assigned from file-server) this possibility exists. So why does not for test documents located as test case type "Test Document" in solar02 ???

What do You mean with "you may record your comments"?

Thanks a lot and

best regards,

Andi

Edited by: Andreas Küstermann on Jan 29, 2008 2:13 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the option of copying the test document oly works if you switch off the upload function for the notes editor.

( transactions stwb_set) toppic notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

The test documents as such cannot be edited to record any test results.

But test results can be recorded in a seperate document and can be uploaded as test note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alagammai, hello Gernot,

I do know Test Plans which have been generated without preceding business blue print structure / project structure (may be used in manner from some old R/3 Test Workbench Functionality but within SolMan). Those Test Plans / Test Packages contains documents which were based on fileserver and it is possible to edit them right from test workbench. This is very usefull to fix i.e. the used test data values when testing manual test cases without being forced to switch to SOLAR02 for each test case. I think stwb_work should not be reduced to serve traffic light handling only. Users want to get rid of there duty for documentation without jumping into several applications.

Best regards.

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Have you found any solution to do this, so far ?

I also have a project need, to be able to edit the document from STWB_WORK.

Usually, Test Case documents loaded in SOLAR02 have a column that the Tester is supposed to fill in, in terms of actual values that were used in Testing.

If the same documents could be opened on 'Change' mode instead of 'Read Only' mode, it will be possible for the Tester to fill in the actual Test Values.

I certainly think there is a purpose served by Tester being able to edit the document right from there.

Not sure if this is achievable somehow, by changing the authorisation for the folder group etc.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was looking for the similar info on the net, and I run into this, saying:

Here is some info from sdn.com

*************************************************************************************************************************

This depends on your support package level. But at least in one of the latest support packages this was made possible. You need to make a little customizing in transaction STWB_SET. Under "Notes" you must mark "Use test document". This means that in STWB_WORK when you add a note for a specific test case then a copy is made of your test script in which you can then enter results. This is then done without editing the test script template document.

If this customizing is not available then you have to apply the latest solman 7.0 support packages.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks, just what was needed!!

Now test plan documents can be opened in STWB_WORK and edited there. Remark is that in creating the test plan (STWB_2), Test note drop down list should have the same value as the test document in Test cases tab (SOLAR02).

Would it be possible also to open test documents (Word, Excel, etc) in STWB_WORK in full screen somehow? That was not yet managed to be done.

******************************************************************************************************************************

Me personally haven't tried it yet, as I have to finish some other jobs first, but I thought it would be nice to share the info

Regards,

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolic,

I already came across that solution that was given by someone else on this forum. I tested it but it does not work for us, though we are on the latest support/enhancement pack.

An alternative somebody else suggested on the forum does work but I do not find it very user-friendly for testers:

"As of SP12 there is a version management for testcasedocuments.

This means that in the testplan always the version of the document

remains as it was when the testplan was generated.

I try to explain it by a small example:

You have created a testdocument in SOLAR02

Afterwards you have created a testplan and a testpackage for this test-

case.

Now you enter SOLAR02 again and change the testdocument.

You will see that this change is not reflected in the testplan and in

the testpackage, but the initial version remains.

When you now want to have the new changed testdocument in the testplan/

package you will have to enter the testplan in changemode and navigate

to the node of the testdocument and select the document.

Then you have to click at the 'General Data' tab on the right hand.

You will see the text 'Newer Version Exists' and you are able to

take the new version over into your testplan/packages by pressing the

button 'Assign current version' (green and red balls)

Afterwards you have to regenerate the testplan and the new version of

the document is availabele also for the testers in the testplan.

There is also a button called 'Next changed Document' (two yellow

rectangles) which helps you to find the node where a newer version of a

document exists.

When you press the button you are taken to the node."

gernot_helferich
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Alagammai,

within a test package the test documents can not be changed. The test plans and test packages are a documentation of what has been tested. If you would be able to change the test document you would also have the possibility to change the description of the test case and then the whole test would be invalid.

Each tester can add comments/create notes for a test case when recording the test result. After clicking on the traffic light you enter the "Status maintenance" screen. In this screen you may either create a message to document an error or you can create a test note. I think the test note offers the functionality you are looking for.

Kind regards,

Gernot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gernot,

We used test note only for our requirement.

Sorry. Forgot to close this question.

Thank you for responding. )

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

you are talking about test case result rercording.You store your test case results manually in seperate Excel sheet and upload it. So that along with the trafic signal light..the uploaded test case result document also will come.

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Senthil,

Where do you suggest to upload the test result document?

best regds,

Alagammai.