Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM agent not registered despite successfully smdsetup managingconfig

robertom
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have a new Soution Manager 7.1 Stack 11 where the steps System Preparation and Basic Configuration have  been perfored copletely and sucessfuly.

Now I'm doing the Managed System scenario to attach an Abap system,  ABC, composed by a CI and an AS.

On the hosts where are running the AS and the CI are installed the SMD agents (rel  7110,  patchno    37).

For both the CI and AS instances I ran the command smdsetup managingconfig successfully to connect the SMD agents to the Solution Manager.

For the CI In step Connect Diagnostic Agent I was able to select and to assign the SMD agent.

For the AS it's not possible, despite I'm able to see the SMD agent running on the AS into the SLD Agent Candidates popup, (with a green light ), I'm  not able to select it to assign to the As instance.

Pratically the error is described in note 1885526 - Diagnostics Agent is not listed in the Managed System Configuration, but  the agent does not appears despite the smdsetup managingconfig command gone successfully.

Some advises ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I believe there was a similar question raised by you few days back.

I think you should register agent directly to solman and not to SLD as your system is existing.

If you have the entry in SLD for the agent, you should remove it.

Now register the agent to solman directly and select from the other tab(Agent assignment) and click on assign and select the correct agent.

Regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also goto agent admin and use check for potential problems using logs(debug mode in place of info).

Once you have your agent registered directly to solution manager, no need to select the agent from SLD, remove it from their.

robertom
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved below wha I did:

- delete from the SLD content the Agent registration

- unregistration from the Solution manager of the Agent registration

- new registration with smdsetup managingconfig

After that the Agent was proposed for the instance into the Manages Scenario

best regards

Answers (0)