Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Numbering vs. Production Order Creation

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am in a Pharma environment and have the following question / issue:

Batches are auto created at Production Order creation/release. In several cases the batches are not numbering chronologically?

A few givens / assumptions:

No deletions

No transfers

No combinations

This is affecting the sample assignments / sample sizes, as well the Dyn. Mod. functionality,but I pose the question straighforward as I've posted above.

Thanks for any thoughts..

V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search:

Anytime numbers are skipped it is usually due to buffering of numbers which is a BASIS function and is done to optimize system performance.

Please have BASIS look into this for the objects mentioned in the above link. Your  BASIS people should be well-acquainted with the process of number buffering across servers.

I am howevr curious as to how not having consecutive batch numbers affect the items you mentioned like sample sizes and DMR's.  Can you elaborate on that?  I can only imagine this is due to some customization or development you have done.

Craig

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig,

Allow me to be a bit more specific as it pertains to the earlier post:

In this environment, when a Production Order is Created/Released it creates a batch:

Based on the order type it assigns a sequential Batch Number to that batch OR Inhereits the bulk batch number.

My question is:

When I run QDH2 I can't seem to make heads or tails of the batch numbering... as it pertains to the   Q-Level updates...

I'm confused...

Help

V.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may not. If you research what I posted a bit, or talk to a BASIS person it should become clear that batch numbers are buffered to the application servers.  What sequnetial batch number you get will  depend on which server you get logged into.  Unless BASIS changes some settings.

Craig

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

....  We're getting deep here and this is good for the forum....

.... allow me to be even more specific as an update:

A different search strategy reveals batches WERE issued in chronological order.

So... this changes the initial posted question.... to...

why are the batches not in chronological order when the Quality Level History is reviewed if their  

associated updates happen when each batch is confirmed/released/UD???

Appreciate the help.

V.  

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig,

Your answer and analysis was right on the mony$$. The BASIS reps. answer was almost a copy of yours, albeit with a more detailed explanation and screenshots to boot.

Now we'll simply have to search out QDLs and associated historical changes in a different way,IE, it can't be expected that batches will be issued in sequential order. Our batch number holds 50 numbers.

Much Thanks for your early on help...

Verroz

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or convince BASIS to set the buffer to 1.  🙂

But that might affect performance.

Craig

Answers (0)