cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time gap between PI System to ECC System in Case of Inbound Processing of IDOC to ECC

narendar_gaddam
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a JMS-To-IDOC scenario where a third party (XYZ) sends JMS messages to PI Message Queue, from where the sender JMS channel (with Qos”Exaclty Once”) picks them and converts them to IDOC-xml with the help of message mapping and delivers them to SAP ERP system through the IDOC receiver channel and messages were processed with a delay of 9-10 minutes. We could not monitor this as the delay happened on the outbound side of PI.

Example: In PI Box, messages started at 5:15:35 and ended at 5:15:35, so there is no time delay in PI,But messages are received in ECC at 5:24:55 in the form of IDOC..IDOC will not be create in PI because it is outbound and it is inbound IDOC processing to SAP system. And time stamps are same in both systems PI and ECC.

Can you please suggest a suitable solution to track this delay and also possible solutions to avoid it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

Can you check the processing mode in the IDoc partner profile on the ECC system? Is it set to "Immediate processing"?

If yes, then the RFC connection from PI to ECC is held open during the processing and posting of the IDoc in the ECC system. There is a limited number of such RFC connections from PI to ECC. If during the same timeframe, there are multiple such IDoc messages which takes up all the RFC connections, then some of the IDocs will be queued up on the outbound side of PI. As such the timestamp of when the message processing ended in PI vs. when it arrived in ECC will show a gap. Also, with "Immediate processing" mode, any delays in processing in ECC will cause the RFC connections held up longer.

The effect will be compounded if you have high volume scenarios.

You can also check my replies in the following threads which have similar symptoms as your case.

Rgds

Eng Swee

narendar_gaddam
Explorer
0 Kudos

be

Hi All,

i am working with SAP on this issue,

they are recommding 2 changes

1)changing processing mode in SAP ECC from "immediate"to "backgroung processing."

2)changing max connection through SMQR,We have default settings in our ECC.

which would be fine without impact on exsisting functionality and on client busuness

if i go with 1,what will happen, and other things.

if i go with 2,what will happen and other things

please suggest tter option.

narendar_gaddam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am working with SAP on this issue,i have proveded all information and access

they are suggesting 2 changes

1)changing processing mode in SAP ECC from "immediate"to "backgroung processing."

which would be fine without impact on exsisting functionality and on client busuness

please suggest better option.because i have a call with client tomarrrow

Thanks in advace

Narendra

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

My suggestion would be to go for option 1 as mentioned in my replies on the threads I mentioned above. Option 2 by itself might not resolve your issue if your volume is very high.

Option 1 is a common setting for high volume scenarios, you can check the details in OSS note 1333417.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few things. Are you sure that you 2 systems have the same time?

Have you checked where it is stuck for that period of time? For example SMQ2 or SM58?

If you send a record and check the PI system then it is already completed correct?

Have a look at where it gets stucj and let us know.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

narendar_gaddam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

I have checked time in 2 systems
in PI system it is 12:43:20 and in ECC it is 12:43:27

i have checked SM58 And it is fine  during that time peroid

there is no message stuck..idocs are posted sucessfullly

narendar_gaddam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks in advace

Narendra

narendar_gaddam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks in advace

Narendra