cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyways SAP is not supporting, can I get it directly from Adobe?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Now in the market we have Adobe Live Cycle designer ES4, can I do below,

1) Install Adobe LC designer ES4 in my desktop by buying directly from Adobe

2) I will develop the form on my desktop (not in SAP's SFP tx), say I will name it as MY_Z_LC_ES4_MOBILE_FORM_FOR_USER_INPUT

3) Then, I will go to SAP's SFP tx --> Menu ---> Utilities ---> Download / Upload option

4) Here I will UPLOAD the MY_Z_LC_ES4_MOBILE_FORM_FOR_USER_INPUT from my desktop into SAP

then can I use it, is it works?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

technically, it is possible and i have done the same before with ES4 11.0, but it seems not all components and features of Adobe Livecycle designer ES works in a same way you expect in SAP edition after you upload it, means when i finished with my design and upload it on SAP i found some significant changes in my form mostly in form style. working with Livecycle designer outside of SFP is good and you feel free and designer area is much better and design is much easier , you can export (download) your data schema and use it in Livecycle ES to connect your field to data fields, but when you finish with that and upload it, do not be shocked if you find you need to modify some settings to fit your form in SAP format.

At the end i dont wanna say it is good idea or bad, but i am pretty sure it depend on your form requirement if your form is not that much complex and you got a simple design scenario then you can give it a try.

hope this helps,