cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variation in Users after DB resotre

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did MS SQL DB restore from one system to another. After the restore the total no of users are same in both system. But the there is a huge variation while i am execte  the T code SUIM -> Users-> by logon changed and password. Take for example the old system is having 1000 hits , but in new the restored system having only 130 hits. Both are ECC 640 system with different hostname. Experts please tell me the reason why there is such a big difference.

Thanks,

Rammohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the client concerned about users are less or change of user data? I believe the SU10 count of all users should be same and that's what matters?

Also check the restored system's timezone - if any difference - long shot though. - in STZAC/OS time

Cheers,

TD

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. User are same in both the system. But their  concern is about the option ‘By Logon date and Password change’ option. in SUIM. They are finding the difference in no of Users

Time Zone are same in both the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that we have upgraded our target database from MS SQL version 8.0(SQL 2000) to  MS SQL version 9.0(SQL 2005).

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

old system is having 1000 hits , but in new the restored system having only 130 hits.

Could you please elaborate your query more as what exactly you are looking for.?

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

After successful restore of  MSSQL DB  . Both system contains same no of user 2800. But  Client the Tx SUIM and Executed  "By Logon Date and password change"  In this we are getting  difference , as in Old system we are getting 1700 entries (hits) and new restored system we are getting only 130 entries(Hits) . We executed the tx SUIM with same conditions. There are asking the reason for this. They are also in doubt that all user are working fine. Need to justify why there is difference while exciting the Tx SUIM and Executed  "By Logon Date and password change"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for your reply. But the above steps didn't helped me. I want to know the reason in difference in user. And why there is a such difference in this.

Regards

Rammohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Run Post installation steps

Run SGEN will give you proper hit result

delete all old jobs and configure them again

configure STMS again

Regards