cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot implement/deimplement notes; upgrade running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have applied the support packs in SOLMAN system using SUM tool and it was completed successfully without any issue.

Due to some issue we have restore the backup which was taken after the completion of downtime phase i.e. Phase 5.6(Execution).

Now the system is up and running and we are applying the SAP note using SNOTE and it is giving this message "Cannot implement/deimplement notes; upgrade running".

Can you please suggest which steps I need to execute again which was performed by SUM tool itself to make the system productive.

Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue , did you resolve it ?

MaLoo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Same here. Anyone found a solution?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Could you continue with the upgrade process to completion first before you apply any SAP note.

Worst case only if upgrade requires to apply a note you need to unlock the system fist using command below

../exe/tp unlocksys <SAPSID> pf=<transport profile>

../exe/tp unlock_eu <SAPSID> pf=<transport profile>

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

In my case solman upgrade was completed successfully after executing all the phases of SUM.

Now the scenario is

1. After two days I face some issue due to which I have to restored the backup taken during execution phase of SUM (i.e. Phase 5.6) just before post processing phase where SUM prompt to take the database backup and enable the archive logs.

2. This DB backup is restored successfully and now Solman system is up and running.

3. Now if I try to apply SAP note it using snote it gives message "Cannot implement/deimplement notes; upgrade running".

But in the SUM guide SAP has not provided the steps which we need to execute if we restore that backup. I am trying to find out which steps I need to execute manually which were performed by SUM tool itself.

Regards,

Shubham

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Execute report COM_PRODUCT_UPGRADE

Perform the follow up activities described in note  1567091

Call transaction SMLT, it will check for follow up activities and perform the configuration using t-code Solman_SETUP

Regards

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayanth,

Thanks for the reply.

I execute the report and checked the SAP note but still the issue remains the same.

Regards,

Shubham

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham

Can you check LONGPOST.LOG in your SUM directory,it might give us some info(guess you have taken a backup of SUM directory) .

if the report COM_PRODUCT_UPGRADE, list is empty , then we can unlock the system .

Before applying the note , perform post upgrade steps using t-code solman_setup

Regards

Jayanth