cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to File screnario, Pass through Interface

0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I got requirement for developing SOAP to FILE scenario, which is a pass through interface. So, no need of creating ESR objects and only ID objects are required.

Now, I need to generate the URL for the Source System, based on that, they will trigger the URL and send the data.

My question, is how to create the SOAP URL, as we don't have the ESR objects, no file structure for WSDL content.

Please post the solutions..

Thanks,

Raj Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Hi,

This way I tried. I am getting an error as " Software component version not defined. Select an appropriate software component version"

please navigate me to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies.

I tried in other way of generating the SOAP URL, with the below format, its worked.

http://[servername]:[port]/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:[Sender Component]:[Channel name]

Regards,

Raj.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The old SOAP URL has always been http(s)://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=p:s:c where p = party, s = service and c = communication channel.

Just make sure that whatever message they will post is inside a soap envelope, otherwise you have to append &nosoap=true at the end of the URL. No WSDL is needed for this.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you run the wizard to create your ID objects, you can profile an obsolete SI. that will allow you to generate the WSDL.

Cheers

Fouad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The best way is to create a RFC structure in your ABAP system which has only importing parameters. This RFC structure corresponds to the fields to be shown up in the WSDL.

Then import this RFC into SAP PI system in any of your sogtware component version which you intended to use.

Then in the ID part use this RFC as sender and receiver interface and the namespace as urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions (RFC standard namespace). This will also allow you to provide the software component version, the one in which you have imported the RFC.

In this way, you have the complete WSDL to File interface without mapping and the structure is also as per your requirement.

Please reply in case of any questions.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj Kumar,

Create one ICO for dummy SI, Dummy Namespace. Provide sender and receiver channel and complete ICO configuration.

GoTo-Tools -> DisplayWSDL (In top of the window you will see one URL, you can use that also) and Save it. Open WSDL in SOAPUI and you will get the complete URL.

I am not sure about what structure of data you will receive. Test this scenario through SOAP UI for any kind of issues.

Thanks

Aashish Sinha

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

please find the below link for URL generation.

http://scn.sap.com/people/vikas.aggarwal/blog/2009/10/05/generating-wsdlsoap-url-on-pi-71

in ID you can give the dummy Service interface and name space and complete the ID part.

then you casn generate the URL.

Regards

Srinivas