cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short close of sales order & reducing the commetement of reference contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My scenario is, user creates SO with reference to Contract. Suppose my contract is of 1000 Qty, I created SO of 500 qty, but I delivered 400 qty only against that SO. Rest 100 quantity need to be closed. Also the contract qty should also be reduced by 100.

For this we suggested to select the "Close" as Sales document rejection code. But in this the SO quantity get reduced & not of the contract. User wants the contract qty should also get reduced by 100.

Suggest the possible solutions for same so we can reduce the SO & contract quantity also in single step.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Subhash P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why would the user want only the quantity 100 be reduced (Unethical practice). SAP indirectly makes an organization ISO. Hence I don't think, it would support such an activity. At max if a solution comes from SAP, it would add the 100 qty to a special category and then reduce the quantity from the contract document to make things transparent.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you have already refered the Partial qty 500 from the contract what is the need to reduce 100 qty in the contract document plz can you specify the reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you have a sales item partially delivered and then to reject it, there will be warning message indicating there already been deliveries for that item, moreover, the rejection is applied against the entire item, so it's a little bit tricky in business wise and also I think is not recommended...

but if you want it anyway, I think you could have a check in copy control, and if necessary, to have some enhancements there...

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.