cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Functional Area Field in Access request Form from Dropdown to Text Field

pavan_muthyala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement where the Fileds 'Functional Area' & 'Business Process' in Access Request Page should be shown as Text fields instead

of Drop Down.

Please Suggest if this is possible & If yes, how can this be achieved.

Regards,

Pavan Muthyala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pavan_muthyala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Filip & Andrzej,

To give you the exact scenario, My client is coming up with very big list of functional areas.

My concern is that end user will have to select the drop down to see a big list in the access request page. If we convert this as text, where the user can search for key words to find the actual functional area instead of scrolling down a big list.

Regards,

Pavan

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavam,

in this case I would recommend to hide functional area from access request. We are not using this functionality, as it was not needed in our case. Since you plan to convert it into text you will not be able to relay on this data anyway, so to build any reporting base on this information will also not make any sense.

See customizing access control screens to understand how this can be hided.

Regards,

Filip

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

as Filip mentioned best option would be to challenge this requirement.

Another option you might consider is to add custom Text fields to the request and have those fields populated by users.

Best regards, Andrzej

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

I would recommend to challenge this requirements as:

- business process are shared among application (once you update them for provisioning purposes - you would have to have live with such a list for example in Access risk analysis application / module as well in creating new role in BRM - in this case it is mandatory field)

- second this is the shortest way to get huge mess in the system as sometimes it will be for example Procure to Pay, PTP or P2P. Which one is correct?

Regards,

Filip