cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developed Android App using SMP 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed application in SUP 2.2 using Sybase Unwired Platform Workspace.

I am new for SMP 3.0.

I install SMP 3.0 SDK for client machine using pdf

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01995.0300/doc/pdf/smp_installation_...

I want to know how to developed Android Native Application in SMP 3.0.

I also want to know server side setup for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find an end to end guide for android native app here:

The source code of the project is available for download.

Regards,

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I download your code for SMP 3 - Android Native App Development.

It is very useful to understand flow as well.

As I understand , on line

clientConnection.setConnectionProfile(true, "66.175.100.29", "8080", null, null);

66.175.100.29 is your SMP server IP and P1940454050 and Initial123 is credential to access that server.

So I need to replace this 3 things with my SMP server Ip and credential.

only that much change is required to run application or I need to change anything in DataScreen.java file as well ?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The IP address is the address of SMP server. The credentials are the backend credentials not SMP credentials.

If you are using the same odata service (trial) in your application you dont need to change the source code except the ip and credentials

Regards

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Midhun,

Backend credentials means credentials for SAP ASE database credential ?

And odata service name which you use in code is "BusinessPartnerCollection" ?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are setting a security in SMP Admin cockpit, the credentials should be satisfying that security. In my case I used the Odata service of Gateway for security, so the credentials needed in the app is Gateway credentials. You can also use no authentication option where you don't need to pass the credentials. Other options are LDAP, x.509 certificate etc.

Regards,

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Midhun VP.

Any one know any public URL for oData service. So I directly access it from android application.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

There is an end to end example here:

Regards,

Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

SMP 3.0 is based on OData protocol. If you are going to develop android native app, you have to OData SDK approach. (You may also follow REST API app development approach).

As you have already installed SDK, you can check native (android) libraries and resource files available in this path C:\SAP\MobileSDK3\NativeSDK\ODataFramework\Android

Follow this document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp303sdk/helpdata/en/7c/1c90ff70061014b0c1b1ba406b5c7c/frameset.htm

You need SMP 3.0 server for application configurations.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra,

Your document is very helpful for developed android app.

As you say, I follow this document.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp303sdk/helpdata/en/7c/1c90ff70061014b0c1b1ba406b5c7c/frameset.htm

while go through it, I reach till Initializing An Application by

Native OData App Development >> Android Apps >> Initializing an Application

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp303sdk/helpdata/en/7c/0af4ce70061014beb082150f67fcba/content.htm

But while developing I got error on line no.66

ClientConnection.initInstance(getApplicationContext(), "<application>", "<domain>", "<security configuration>", <request manager>);

and line no. 68

j=ClientConnection.getInstace();

in LaunchActivity Class.

I use com.sap.smp.rest.ClientConnection Class but it show me error as initInstance(..) and getInstace() are not defined in ClientConnection Class.

can you please tell, which ClientConnection class you are using while developed this application.

Please help me to solve this error.