cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one query related to CTS transport in SAP PI 7.3 dual stuck.

ESR and ID object ll transfer through CTS transport organizer.

But what is the way to transport SLD objects(like TS,BS,SWCV,Products etc)?

What is the different steps if SLD is same for DEV and QTY? Or if SLD is different for all environment , need to take any other steps?

How to do it? Please suggest.

Thanks,

Arthita 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please refer to this very useful guide:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14541

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which doc is referred in mentioned link,that is not opening.

Any one have any other link?

Thanks,

Arthita

former_member182455
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Not opening..If any one able to open,cloud you please attached the page?

It will be very helpful for me.

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the video link. check with another michine.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f0263190-9443-2c10-1589-ef8b672b5edd&override...

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any difference in steps of transfort, if SLD is different in DEV,QTY and PROD?

Another thing is need to transport all SLD objects individually (Like,TS,BS,SWCV and products )?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

You need to individually transport each SLD object (TS, BS, SWCV and products).

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check this thread?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After gone through the above links,my understanding is ,

i)If SLD's are different for DEV, QTY and PROD, then only need to export the SLD content and import in other enviroment,(like, DEV SLD--> QTY SLD and then QTY--> PROD ).

ii)But if Landscape using one common SLD for all environment, no need to do export/import step.

If considering only DEV-->QTY :

iii)After that one common steps for both i) and ii) scenarios are, need to create only TS and BS for QTY (no need to create Products and SWCV).

iv)Create two Groups(DEV_Grp and QTY_Grp) for Transport. And then

Select each BS and TS from DEV_Grp in the SLD and select transport TAB---click on

Add/Change Target and select its corresponding target business system from QTY_Grp which newly created for QTY in Step no iii).

Please confirm my understanding is correct or not?

Thanks,

Arthita

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

Yes, your understanding in correct for all 4 points.Just to add one point you need to create all the environments TS and BS (Dev, QA, prod etc.) in DEV SLD and you need to transport all of them till Prod.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Is it like, need to create all TS and BS for environment in DEV itself, although I'm using which I'm created for DEV only?

Or suppose create one BS for one interface for that also need to create for all environment?

getting confused..

Please elaborate your point.

Also some other queries,

1. Is it require to transport SWCV and products? Only importing is enough?
  2. If transportation is done for BS and TS automatically changed in ID objects which created for any interface?
  3. For ESR and ID objects I’m going to use CTS transport. So, 1st need to transport SLD objects and next step is ESR and ID objects?
  4. After moving the TR for ESR and ID, automatically assign the BS (which created for any interface) to that transported objects?

Thanks,

Arthita

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

You need to create all required TS and BS in dev environment and then transport it to next environment.

In Dev configuration you will only import the DEV BS, but in SLD all the BS and TS are defined.

1. Is it require to transport SWCV and products? Only importing is enough?

--->> All the products and SWCV which are created in DEV SLD, needs to transport to other SLDs.

1. If transportation is done for BS and TS automatically changed in ID objects which created for any interface?

---->> Yes, when you have the transport target defined in SLD then ID object will change once they are imported.

1. For ESR and ID objects I’m going to use CTS transport. So, 1st need to transport SLD objects and next step is ESR and ID objects?

------>>> SLD object needs to transport before ID objects.

1. After moving the TR for ESR and ID, automatically assign the BS (which created for any interface) to that transported objects?

--->> Yes the BS will assigned automatically (as that will present in SLD of that environment (QA)).

Hope it is clear.

Harish

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

Please close the thread if you do not have any other doubt.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, your understanding in correct for all 4 points.Just to add one point you need to create all the environments TS and BS (Dev, QA, prod etc.) in DEV SLD and you need to transport all of them till Prod.

Suppose, TS and BS are already created in DEV SLD(for DEV,QA,Prod). and for QA transport those object from DEV.

My qn is for Prod, what is the flow for  TS and BS ?

Need to transport those object from DEV to QA (which created for Pord ) and then QA to Prod? or DEV to Prod directly ?

Please confirm.

Thanks,

Arthita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

The TS and BS are transported directly from DEV to Prod.

Regards,

Deepak R

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

You need to transport your SLD content from DEV to QA and als the same objects into PRD. so that all you landscape will be in sync with out any inconsistancies.

for this either you can do the below:

1.File system transport for all your SLD objects individually from your source to target systems.

2. CTS Transport (check the below link for reference)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f0263190-9443-2c10-1589-ef8b672b5edd&override...

Thanks,

Naveen    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When creating BS for ECC QA in DEV before transport, as related Integration server what should give?PI QTY Integration server?

PFA the screenshot,

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You need to map it to PI quality Integration server.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

SLD object can be transport using CTS+, Please refer the below blog

regards,

Harish