cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict fields in Change Request depending on user status / role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

based on my requirements I am trying to restrict some fields in my ZMCR-Transaction from edits depending on the user status:

• After approval the field "Description" should be blocked for changes.
  • The same should apply for the "Description of Change".

I already searched in SPRO "Adjust UI objects by User Status" but didn't find entries for this fields.

My second question concerns the "Approval" block. With current settings the person who requests the change can also approve it.

This activity should only assigned to the person which is linked under "Partner Function" (in this case Change Manager) or maybe above "Partner ID".

Thanks a lot,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Klaeser,

Issue 1:

It should be done by the Adjust UI fields... SPRO node itself. Please make sure you are chosing the correct combination in below screen;

Issue 2:

It can be achieved with the correct authorization settings. If you are on stack below SP10, use auth. object CRM_APPRVL to control the authorizations. If you are on higher SPs then pls go through following detailed blog to set it up new auth concepts;

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Hegde,

thanks for your fast answer.

Issue 2:

I followed the instructions to active the new auth. object as descripted and I adjusted my requester role accordingly.

Now the requester isn't able the approve the Change Request by hisself/herself anymore.

Problem is he/her also isn't able to set an "Approval Procedure" by the creating of a new request.

Maybe its possible to set a default entry for "Approval Procedure" (we only use one)?

Issue1:

How can I figure out which UI Element conforms the right field?

I must apologize for my questions but I'm an absolute beginner in the ITSM/CHARM field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue1:

How can I figure out which UI Element conforms the right field?

Press F2 in WebUi field which will show you technical componenent & field name details.

Now the requester isn't able the approve the Change Request by hisself/herself anymore.

Problem is he/her also isn't able to set an "Approval Procedure" by the creating of a new request.

We also always wanted to default the approved status in approval procdure as we  do not use approval procedure, so we had to do technical enhancement in the Scope assignment block, to always default it to approved status. IT will need Abap expert help to do so.

Thanks

Jignesh

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Approval Management, for setting default approval procedure, you need not to go for the development. You can set this up by means of Rule Policies,

Rule Poilicies are simple If .. Then.. conditions which set the approval procedure. You can have a rule policy say, If Txn Type is ZMCR Then set rule policy as APP_PROCEDURE_1 something like this.. Pls give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

-Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer but I found another way to set a default entry for approval procedure:

In SPRO "Define Approval Determination Procedures" I made a copy of "SMCR001" and changed choice into "1 Approval Procedure by Default".

Second step was to change the Aprv. Det. Procedure in my custom transaction for change request into the copied "ZMCR001".

Maybe this could be helpful for other user ...

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's awesome Martin. You found much simpler way than what I suggested

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any further ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Mr. Trivedi,

I set all UI objects in this table not editable for userstatus "E0004" but it seems that the entries are only for the assignment blocks below:

The data above is still editable:

The F2 field info dispenses following results:

For fields like description, priority etc. UI Component "AIC_CMCR_H" with attributes "STRUCT.DESCRIPTION", "PRIORITY" etc.

For the longtext field UI Component "AIC_LONGTEXT" with attribute "LONGTEXT".

I searched some tables with AIC* but didn't find entries for these components.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Yo are correct that table controls the whole assignment block, for individual header fields like priority , has to be controlled from the badi CRM_ORDER_FIELDCHECK or we have to enhance the GET_I**** at the component level, will need Abap expert for this enhancements.

Thanks

Jignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue 2 is successful resolved with Vivek's great help.

But issue 1 still worries me:

I can't figure out how to block edits on a specific field for example the "Description"-field depending on the status of the request.

In "Adjust UI objects by User Status" there's only following selection of UI-elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Try table AIC_PROC_EDIT   (se16 or SM30 ) which refers to config, to maitain the edit functionality

of standard fileds: