cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement to have different COS Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement to have a different COS account specific for free of charge deliveries. These deliveries use order type FD, item category KLN and this is specific only to free of charge. Please advise, based on these 2 specific criteria of Order Type and Item Category, can we set up different COS account. I am basically a FI consultant and tried to achieve this using Substitution rule. I was able to set up per-requisites in GGB1 but could not find GL account in Substitution arena. Please advised, detailed solutions for this.

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay Kedia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We have a requirement to have a different COS account specific for free of charge deliveries

Assuming that you intend to say COS means COGS,  being a FI Consultant, you should be knowing that inventory postings would be controlled by GBB in OBYC.  So if you want to deviate from the normal postings, you can differentiate here.  Have you explored this functionality?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the response. Your assumption is correct. I meant COGS only. I looked for GBB in OBYC transaction. These settings are dependent on Valuation class. Criteria for me to distinguish these postings is based on order type FD and item category KLN. Valuation class also do not have any settings for Order Type and Item Category. So i am not able to understand how I can differentiate the postings based on these 2 criteria in the OBYC transaction.

Surely, i am missing a link here and I really appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks

Ajay

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you can try is you can add a new Account Modifier for movement type 601 in OMJJ and include this in OBYC.  Now as and when user generates delivery, with any of the following delivery user exits,

• USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_LIPS in include MV50AFZ1
  • USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in include MV50AFZ1

you can validate the order type and item category and accordingly, you can force the system to post to a different G/L account.  I am not sure, how far, you would be able to achieve this but it is just a thought for a way to try out.  In fact, have you explored OKC9 which would also be used for substituting OBYC ?

G. Lakshmipathi