cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Structure --> Adding 'required man days' field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

I would like to get some feedback or understanding on adding a new field for a project structure called 'Required Man days'. Below is the attach document is where we plan to add the field.

We know it is possible to added the field in however, we like to get this information available view the resource overview tab. Lets say the user put the man days 4 on each of the task, can the resource overview get the information and display it  Attach is resource overview tab.

Like to also check, if there is any existing functionality which we can already use instead of creating this. We want to get enter the required man days for the  task of the project. Hope to hear from you.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your prompt reply. I saw the thread you posted but wasn't able to identify where or how to use it? Is there some way I can related this to the Task that we have in our project. Thanks again.

Kannan

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would be required to define a time unit "FTE-Man days/consulting days" in customization of project management and use that time unit as unit for your task demand i.e for a task you will define the work (demand) in man days (may be equivalent to 8 hrs/day) and from here the details comes down to project role level.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi

I will try to use that and if anything still required will contact.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

Instead of having a custom field, you can define a time unit in terms of 'Man days' or 'Consulting days' and the demand for the task can be maintained in this time unit of measure.

This custom time unit is supported by SAP and for this you need to 'Define the time unit' in configuration as FTE and subsequenty the conversion factors are maintained in the standard Units Of Measurement. Details of UOM to be maintained is explained in the below thread by me.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3574818

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi