cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back space key not working in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem of not working backspace key(To get the earlier typed program or tables in se38 and se11 transaction)in sap while i am in transaction.

can any body has some idea any setting can be done?because of this problem I need to type the program and all every time in that transaction there is no problem of keyboard.

Thanks&Regards

mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl check if your local history has been turned off.

In the sap initial screen go to Customize Local Layout icon (the last icon) or press Alt+F12----->Go to Option tab--> Go to Local Data Tab--->In the History box click the On option.

Hope this works.

Pl dont forget to award suitable points if resolved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

I checked that history box already checked, any other idea?

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl let me know the sapgui version and the patch level. The operating system and the msoffice version.

Actually there is a problem with gui 620 patch 20 in win<windows 2000.

If this is the case run the following in run prompt

sapsetup.exe /p="{0260E504-E247-43c5-BBD1-DB5C8F54E618}".

Mentioned in SapNote 568119 - Change of the local entry history to ADO.

If not pl let me know the above details.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The history feature dosent work for long text fields, this is a limitation of the history feature. If your history works in other fields but not in a few specific ones, perhaps the fields a long text fields ??

If not, perhaps the history feature is disabled manually for those specific fields ? this can be done by right clicking on a input field in the gui.

IF the history dosent work for any field, then most likely you need to reinstall the MDAC component from microsoft.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

What is the GUI version?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My SAP version is ECC6.O and this backspace key was working till 5 days back since from 5 days only it's not working and the same is working fine in my demo server.

ThanksRegards

mahesh

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

if the input history does not work on just one system then maybe the system runs in slow-speed-connection mode, which does not allow the history to work.

If the problem is in certain fields then these fields may be too long.

If the history doesn't work on any system then your MDAC installation may be broken.

Best regards,

Christian