cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline approval Inbound issue when click Approval link from Outlook2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

we are using SRM 7.02, Outlook 2010 and the offline approval process.

The report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND is copied into Z program used to send e-mails to the approvers.

And  now we are implementing the Offline Inbound approval process , when they click Approval link from outlook 2010, It should call SAP Inbound Offline approval class and Ordered a cart. I did configuration in S050 to trigger to call Inbound offline approval class.

Issue is When I click on this Approval link from Outlook , it is generating an email with receipient address specified in the Outbound offline approval process and not calling SAP system. How to debug this? Even in Inbound offline class I have added do and endo loop with the bbp_debug table variable for debugging, but still it is not calling anything. When it is sending an email to SAP after click on Approval link, what content it has to have to trigger Inbound offline process.

I appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

Have you checked in transaction SOIN if the approval email was there? If the approval email is not there, you might want to check with your Basis team if the SMTP is configured correctly.

What class are you using (configured in SO50)? There are two classes that you can use:

1. /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND for synchronous

2. CL_BBP_SMTP_INBOUND_OFFAPP for asynchronous

If you are using asynchronous processing, you need to schedule the program /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALGET as a batchjob.

The following thread might help.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justine,

Thanks for your response. In SO50, We are using Class /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND synchoronous. I have chceked in SOIN. Somehow emails are not coming and will check with basis team.

Thanks,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late response. Finally Issue found and Now I am able to see an email in SOIN. Wec are  using this class /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND,  copied into Z Class: . When I debugged  a Method Process_inbound,  it is throwing an error in below code.

* 1. get document instance from the incoming send request

lo_document = io_sreq->get_document( ).

"Parse email content and retrice workitem ID , Decision

" Object type and NOTM note

parse_email_content( EXPORTING io_document    = lo_document

IMPORTING ev_wiid        = lv_wiid

ev_decision    = lv_decision

ev_object_type = lv_object_type

et_longtext    = lt_longtext

EXCEPTIONS

error_email_extract = 1

).

IF sy-subrc <> 0.

e_retcode = if_inbound_exit_bcs=>gc_continue.

EXIT.

ENDIF.

e_retcode = if_inbound_exit_bcs=>gc_terminate.

Here above sy-subrc <> 0 and throwing an error. I have no idea what is wrong reading from email content . Workitem ID , Object ID all are blank.

Here is the Inbound email Content sending it to SRM sytem:

TECH_INFO_A=00F3D1395134D34D34D79F75EFCE01512DB5DB5FBE
submit_a=Approve by e-mail
TECH_INFO_R=444244093D34D34D35E7DD7BF380544B6D76D7NOTM_OUT=
EOM=1

Please let me know what has to be in the Inbound email if it is not correct.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

I think it is a long time that you would have faced this issue. I am also working on the Offline approval but for ECC SD requirement. I have done the SMTP configuration and implemented the EXIT class. Now I am also facing the similar issue which you had during the implementation. The approval or rejection mails is not reaching to the SAP system.

Even as per your post I have tried to keep DO ENDDO in the exit class but still no luck. So if you can recall and let me what process you followed to see the mail in SOIN then it will be very helpful for me.

Thanks for the info this.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas

Answers (0)