cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Connector .NET requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Sorry if this answer is in the wrong place or has already been answered but I could not find it.

I need to know the requirments for the. net connector for SAP from the SAP (source) point of view. I know the following from the PDFfor the programming side of things (destination of data etc.)

<u>Prerequisites</u>

<b>Development</b>

• Windows 2000 or Windows XP

• Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

• Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

You can download JRE version 1.3 or later

from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/jre

• SAP.Net.Setup.msi

Execute this file.

<b>Deploy</b>

• Windows 2000 or Windows XP

• Microsoft .NET Framework

Download this file from

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework

• LIBRFC32.dll, Release 6.20 or higher

• SAP.NET.Connector.dll

and feel I can meet all these requirements. However I have been asked by the project manager of a system I'm building to look into .net sap integration and I need to know what requirments for SAP itself their are for this connector to work before I can say yes I can pull data out from SAP with a .aspx webpage. Do I need NetWeaver on the actual sap deployment install? Or will .net connector work with standard SAP installs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Read through this doc provided by SAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e9/23c80d66d08c4c8c044a3ea11ca90f/frameset.htm

This might answer your question

Regards

Radhika Kuthiala

P.S Do award points if it helps:)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All I could see in relation to the SAP system itself was this: SAP Web AS 6.10

No mention of netweaver so I guess thats not required to use the .net connector, no. Slight bit confused over the relationshipof netweaver to the .net connector.

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi David,

the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET was developed to enable the communication between the Microsoft. NET platform and SAP systems.

It was especially designed also to support RFC based communication and thus allow the integration of SAP Systems that are using a basis release of 4.6 and below.

From an SAP perspective there are therefore no special requirements to the SAP release that can be used together with the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET.

Best regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Ideally I would be wanting to use soap but I'll check what version SAP we have. Just didn't want to say 'yes it can be done' and then find out that another huge chunk of cash needs to be spent on netweaver.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the right version of SAP then you can generate webservices in SAP that .NET can talk to, without the need for the .NET connector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think its SAP R3, what position does this leave me in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks I found more specifics about our version

SAP R/3 Enterprie March 03

MySap Tech Components

Realise 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would be thankful if anyone tell me wether the XI module is necessary to be able to use SAP Connectors in order to get information from SAP backend system. Because i listen from someone that if the SAP release not include the XI module that is Process Integration module then the SAP connectors will not work. If anyone know about this requirement then please confirm it.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would be thankful if anyone tell me wether the XI module is necessary to be able to use SAP Connectors in order to get information from SAP backend system. Because i listen from someone that if the SAP release not include the XI module that is Process Integration module then the SAP connectors will not work. If anyone know about this requirement then please confirm it.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks,