Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handheld & WM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I already checked the other topics related to handheld integration,
but a lot of points still are not clear to me. So please I want to know the integration between WM and any handheld device in details (Process of Usage). For instance:

In Stock Transfer from storage bin to storage bin, from which screen we will create the TO (handheld screen or SAP TO screen), and what are the responsibilities of the handheld guy (what are the bar codes which must be scanned by handheld) .

The same in Goods Receipt and Goods Issue cycles, the steps in details please,

Great Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As always.... it depends. It depends on whether you are using HU management or not (for example).

I advise you to post specific questions. Asking for all the process steps for RF in warehouse is a bit too generic, and won't get you many answers. We aren't here to do your work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Joao,

As I mentioned I want to know at least the details of one cycle between WM and Handheld device, for instance: Stock Transfer from storage bin to another storage bin.

We will use ABAP application on the handheld for that, but till now I didn't know what actually the roles for each one involved in this cycle !

As I mentioned one more time

"In Stock Transfer from storage bin to storage bin, from which screen we will create the TO (handheld screen or SAP TO screen), and what are the responsibilities of the handheld guy (what are the bar codes which must be scanned by handheld) ."

Can anyone describe the scenario for me ?! what are the steps in stock transfer must done on SAP system and what are the steps must done on Handheld.

Just a few description for this scenario.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You didn't answer the question. Is your warehouse HU managed? I will assume it is....

As a rule, the handheld guy will NEVER create a TO. He is a drone, he follows orders, he doesn't think. So his work will be to open a TO on the handheld, go the origin, scan the barcode of the pallet, go to the destination, scan the destination storage bin barcode.

How is the TO created? You didn't provide any context as to why the pallet is being moved, so you must want me to guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great thanks for your reply and guesses Joao,

Our warehouse is not HU or SU managed, we are dealing with steel coils only.

You said an important point, the handheld gur will not create a TO so he will open a TO created before, that's mean he will confirm the TO only by scanning the Destination and the material bar code?

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the warehouse is not SU managed, he should scan the origin bin barcode, the material barcode, and the destination barcode. In terms of process, the TO should be confirmed once he scans the destination bin (for every line item if the TO has several).

You have to scan the origin bin barcode, because unlike in the SU scenario, the material may be in several places at once (while the pallet is in one place). You must scan it to make sure the user is picking from the right location (if you only scanned the material, you wouldn't be sure of that).

Just to make it clear, I'm talking about process, not how the standard RF transactions work since I've never actually used them, they are a piece of crap (I use custom transactions).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for ur meaningful answer Joao,

Your explanation was great.

But my imagination about the handheld device was more than that ! I heard that the handheld guy can create TO to the material document created through a transaction in IM (like MB1B), but according o what you said, he just confirm the TO (he doesn't enter any new data he just check the data which entered before in the TO by scanning the origin, destination and the material bar code), Right?

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remember I'm talking about process, not what he can do in standard RF transaction. In standard RF there is an option to create TO, but that's why I don't use the standard, and find it to be rubbish.

If you try to use it, you will see that it has so many buttons, that even an expert user will be confused by so much, and in my view there is no reason why a warehouse worker should have to create a TO.

In the Goods Receipt, which I believe is where the TO creation button exists in RF, the first step is to count the goods being received (even before the putaway). After the count is finished, and the goods receipt is posted in IM, there is no reason why the TOs shouldn't be created automatically by the system. The manual TO creation doesn't bring value to the process, increases complexity, and is a possible error location.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really Thank you Joao, you clarified many questions to me.
I appreciated that to you.