Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fetch data for the Change Request in PROCESS_EVENT

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to write some custom logic on Save/Submit button. For this I am planning to enhance the PROCESS_EVENT method of class CL_USMD_CR_MASTER. Within this method I need to access runtime data of the change request currently being processed.

I am going to create a post-method exit for this PROCESS_EVENT method. Is this correct?

I have heard we have APIs in MDG which can be used to fetch data, however I do not know how to use the same.

Can someone please help me with sample code how to fetch the runtime data of the Change Request

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are you trying to do? FPM methods are mainly for controlling the UI. For any application-specific logic, there are different places where you can write enhancements.

You can find most enhancement scenarios in this document: . Most probably something similar to what you are trying to do is detailed there.

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

My requirement is to add two new fields to the Change Request screen. When user clicks Save, i need to create a record with details of the CR along with my fields and store in a Z Table. Similarly when the user clicks Submit, I need to update the above record created with the new values filled in by the user into my custom fields.

I am not able to find any direct enhancements on the Save/Submit buttons where I can write my custom logic.

Can you please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

What MDG domain are you working on? What you are trying to do is called "reuse mode" enhancement and you do NOT want to tinker with the FPM feeder classes in this case. SCN document contains many examples on how to achieve this.

This is a how-to document for MDG-M reuse mode enhancement:

This is a how-to document for MDG-C/S reuse mode enhancement:

Keep in mind, these examples are mainly for additional "master data" fields. If you need additional fields that are not master data but are more related to the Change Request itself, you should use this how-to document:

Again, all of these documents can be found on the first document I referenced above. I suggest that you bookmark it.