cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW iView in Side Panel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Did anyone succeed in showing a BW iView by it's URL in the NWBC Sidepanel of an trusted ECC-system? Whether i use an iFrame CHIP or the Web CHIP in the Side Panel, the BW-iView keeps reloading and doesnt show.

If i analyze the requests in the Fiddler Web Debugger, i see that the CHIP somehow keeps repeating the http-requests on the defined URL. (These are somehow POST-requests.)

It would be great if anyone had some suggestions,

Niels

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

You don't  need to use a webchip or a pagebuilder for that sake. Just add the URL directly inside the sidepanel folder.

Here i have linked directly to a query in BEX using the bex analyser

http://hostname:port/SAP/BW/BEX?QUERY=<queryname>&sap_client=<clientnumber>

The client number is only needed if the client vary from your trusted systems to your NWBC system.

Here is my result

Here is the role

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jakob. It's not exactly what i hoped for, but this is a viable solution.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could try debugging it with the advice given in and the referenced Have you increased the tracing level in NWBC, reproduced the problem and analyzed the log afterwards? Is it really reloading the URL?

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<bump>

Hi everyone,

I am bumping this up to the top of the threads to ask for your help. In particular:

, - but also anyone on this forum: can any of you help Nils?

He has also provided me with the folowing information:

When I include a BW-Iview by URL
in a WebCHIP or iFrame in the SidePanel, a conflict occurs that hinders the
iView from loading.

The WebCHIP continuously calls the URL, and the iView returns a statuscode 200 (success) but doesn’t show.

When adjusting the Side Panel in configuration mode, the problem does not occur, and the iView shows its data nicely.

If you can help Nils at all, please do so.

Thanks a lot

Julie R Plummer.