cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI - Read mail from exchange server - deletes mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Customer has SAP NW 7.4 Process Orchestration.

We have scenario where we need to read new mails from mail exchange server. Customer has POP3 enabled.

When PI reads mail from mail server - the mail is getting deleted leaving NO COPY of the same.

Is it due to some settings missed in our PI configuration or this is how PI works when uses POP3.

How can we avoid deletion of mails??

Please suggest if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some POP3 servers it's possible to store letters after read. But IMAP / IMAPS is more suitable for marking/moving messages after retrive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I have doubt, we tried to read mails from Java Programming using POP3 protocol which does not delete any mails from server.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyadshini,

The way that you have developed your java program can be different that the way that SAP did it. With pop3 in PI, as far as i know, it is no possible to change the read/delete properties that the mail server has by default, as Amit and Ilya mentioned you should try with the imap solution or to talk to the mail server administrators.

Are you sure that the messages is being deleted?, have you checked other mail folders in the user account?, may be the message is being moved.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Inaki, let me check what mentioned and revert...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is how POP3 protocol works, it will delete  mails from the server after reading the same.

In case u want to keep mails, then u can use IMAP, this protocol will read mails from some mail server folder and mark those mails as unread.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I have doubt, we tried to read mails from Java Programming using POP3 protocol which does not delete any mails from server.