cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: how to call Transaction code using a Script Button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use a script button to run to certain UI based on the given transaction code. I am thinking there might be some ways to do so:

Option 1:

Somehow one can let the script button call the T-code in script, say, IW21, but how to write such script?

Option 2:

In the script of the script button, use "Push" or "Click" to cause an action on the launch button which contains the T-code, say /nIW21.

But on my PC, this does not work. Why?

pls help asap!

Thx a lot!

Br,

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Knowledge sharing:

Hi,

I have found exact answer to this question: in the script of a script button, one can first set the T-code to the /okdc component, then call "press Enter" action. By this way, any script button can be used to triggle an action for a T-code. One can set teh /okdc as "hidden". Hope this will help other newers.

Br,

Dong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

The best way to get started with scripting is to use the "record" feature to record yourself performing the actions you want the script button to automate, and then look at the recorded script and see how it does things. That helps a lot with writing script steps manually.

So, record yourself running transaction IW21 and see what the script looks like...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for the tip. It is a good way of finding hints. Thanks again. Set yours as helpful.

Br,

Dong